Wednesday, July 14, 2010

American Apparel California Trooper

Happy Wednesday, everyone. Today marks my third day of not setting foot in Coffee Inc. I can't believe I got three days off. I had a fun day shopping yesterday with a couple of my worky friends; shockingly I bought no makeup at all. It was more of a clothes shopping trip. I'm definitely going to end up going to a drug store today, though. I need cotton balls!






I'm playing with the sizes of my images to see if it really makes a difference to anyone. If anything, you'll probably just be able to tell that my cuticles are kind of haggard, heh. Anyway, this is American Apparel California Trooper. It's kind of a khaki color with maybe a drop of green thrown in, but it's difficult to tell. I'm assuming that this polish is meant to match the color of the uniform of a California highway patrolman or something. Like I said yesterday, I dig the idea of these polishes matching something that exists in reality. I like the color very much. I think it would look great on my toesies since I'm so into neutrals on my feet lately. I actually meant to bring it to my pedicure appointment on Sunday but forgot. I ended up with OPI Boris & Natasha on my toes instead. Oh well.

The application on this polish was top-notch, especially for such a light color. There was zero streakiness and what you see above was achieved with only two coats. I continue to be impressed by American Apparel polishes and their formulas. My only qualm with these polishes is that they do tend to stain. When I removed both Poppy and Passport Blue I had to be careful with how I pushed the polish around. My cuticles were stained red for a couple days after I removed Poppy, so just be aware of that and you'll probably be fine.


California Trooper also automatically reminds me of one of my favorite movies of all time, Super Troopers. Yes, I know that the movie was set in Vermont, but the use of the word "trooper" and the khaki color of the uniforms in the movies is a good enough tie-in for me. This movie is the reason I use the word "shenanigans" as often as possible, play the meow game with customers ("bye meow!") and constantly crave litres of cola. Now, combine Super Troopers with kitties, and we've reached a whole new level of epic:


To wrap up, AA California Trooper is a very unique polish with fantastic application and a cool name. I am calling it a huge win. I love it. I've loved all of my American Apparel polishes so far...and I think I need them all. What do you guys think about California Trooper?

10 comments:

  1. I love trooper, wore it as a pedi. It looks great on you :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had to buy them all....yes, it was a dire need...I have Poppy on my toes right now - it has lasted 10 days with no touch-up OR top coat...

    AA is my new favorite brand! (love the 3 packs)

    :B
    ~Tiffani

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know I'll be getting another 3 for $15 next time I'm out at the outlet mall where AA is. I am impressed with the colors and delivery.

    Sounds like you are truly enjoying being off for three days. Whoot!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. love it! kakhi / coffee / cream colors are always lovely

    ReplyDelete
  5. Every time I see this color, I think of Super Troopers then I feel weird, haha.

    ReplyDelete
  6. omg it totally made me think of Super Troopers too! and I really like this color, oddly enough. must be the ST association

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very unusual colour and I agree the AA formula is sweet

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love this. And I love Dynasty as well. You know I'm a sucker for dusty gross neutrals and purples. =) My vacation is going fantabulously, I don't want to go back to work!!!

    btw I loled hard at the lolcat. Favie.

    ReplyDelete
  9. In month is March 13,-June 11,2000, I was a contractor on a contract with my traveller,21y/o Mr. Miller,Marquis who did not aware that there was a all green-eye panda out on the cliff over my contract private quarters. Gripping the head is something not expected. The instant I seen the same zoo aminal that was present above I went to the car for safety. The IV Piggyback was provided for this medical and the f/u was appraised and continual was the insurance for 850,000m/t's (9800) for it to Mr. Marquis Miller age 32 that should have being given after the sined of the USPS by Larrie Ann Washington that was held 11 year without sentence to her,Vernell-spouse, and the violation of my corporate pension under the TravCorp that was Mr. Miller contacted my mother than of the first pension for the medical coverage to purchased all of the oral antibotics that this Pubic welfare program registered for kyears they have being on without ever working as I a taxpayer.The 32 y/o know he need to be on antibiotics,just as AMy who violated Phillip in the 70's of his virginity and birth a infant when he was a boy. They have prevent the continuation of the inpatient MD precription of his antibiotics to clear ukp the infections of this panda gripped to his head. Then the cut by my siblings,Gertrude who is an aminal when she violated him when he did not know her ,nor my brother ,Phillip that do not determine the if he gets the medical coverage. It wasa my insurance under my being under the contract in NEW Hamshire while he and the one who stolen his virginty is at ANcora given this State worker a hard time. The medical amount that is his for all his need is not theirs and they came to premidiate all their crime as a gooping off as this is how retired mom,Johhnie loss her life with all my personal travellerd corporate pension.The wild client in F3 name Gertrude Myra Washington under my name has had one of the female adults get him by the head and he has a crapped and I asked him not to condone this when the medical coverage is his anyone.I pressed charges against the one who did it and asked for a sentence to any of my siblings to this State worker. The issues mentioned is that Emma issue is the money.The issue is they are the ones who stolen it from the mail propety of mine and he wants his fundes given by toe ones who given when it was my contract and the damaged of the same who transported to the site in NH. Must sir get all including what Phillip taken from the examination of wonam brought into ER done by me and paid and Phil stolen my personal income from my service in 1999.I need your service in NEWJersey. They had him scream from the pain from it as I would know from the grimace in his face and the movement that noted this 20 minute or more.Worked last year, He need his funds of all those digits at Ancora Psychiatric Hospital in Hammonton,NJ. They are patients there. Phillip is one in Hooy Bldge, and the others are in Main F# and Birch Bldg to cause more foolishness. Anita is a daughter of the Lt Air Force that may expired of her parents,involvement is Gertrude need question? I am at 703 Whitehorse Pike in room 122 in Atco, Nj after the Steven Ave from the traffic light.

    ReplyDelete

I love, love, love your comments, guys! Thanks so much for leaving them! I try to respond to questions either in the comments section or in forthcoming posts, so check back later!