Wednesday, July 21, 2010

American Apparel Factory Grey

Good morning, everyone.  I got up bright and early today to meet a friend at Coffee Inc.  I brought my blogging materials with me (ie my computer) so that I can try to keep up to date on my posts.  Nothing's better on a sunny, eighty degree morning than a huge cup of iced coffee with a couple pumps of sugar free hazelnut.  Mmm.  It's the bestest.





I must apologize for the quality of this manicure.  It's not good.  I blame it on my almost dead bottle of Seche Vite.  Plus I also bashed my pinky on the corner of my laptop as soon as I was done painting it.  It was one in the morning at that point, though, so I didn't feel like fixing it.  This is American Apparel Factory Grey, and it's the last of my AA polishes from my Hipster Haul a couple weeks ago.  Although it's definitely gray, Factory Grey leans quite blue.  Sometimes it looks like it leans purple.  I've realized through my polish adventures that I don't really like straight-up gray cremes.  I never got into the China Glaze Recycle hype and I've never wanted to look for a "real" gray.  Add some cool tones to my grays, though, and we're in business.  Sephora by OPI Metro Chic, for instance, is one of my favorite polishes. AA Factory Grey falls into that same category; it's decidedly gray, but it has strong cool undertones.  It's kind of difficult to tell in my images, but I promise you that that's the case.  


The application on this little guy was on par with the rest of my AA polishes.  The formula was lovely, easily spreadable and it stayed where I put it.  I only needed two coats for perfect opacity.  Also, Factory Grey seemed to be inordinately shiny, even before I added a coat of Seche Vite (what you see in the images does, of course, include Seche).  


So that's the end of my American Apparel series, at least until I buy more hipster polishes.  To refresh your memory I showed you Poppy, Passport Blue, Peacock, California Trooper and Dynasty.  Of all of these I think my favorite was Passport Blue.  It was the polish I was looking most forward to wearing it it didn't disappoint.  The formulas on all of these were uniformly amazing.  At $6 apiece or three for $15, you can't go wrong with these.  


I've been having such lovely days lately.  There is a new coffee shop that opened not far from my house called Erie Island Coffee.  I've been frequenting it.  It's cute; the furniture is kind of modern-looking and the coffee is decent.  Also, any coffee joint that's awesome enough to hang this sign is automatically on my list of win.


That sounds like a fabulous idea.  Plus, y'know, the kid would get a free puppy out of the deal.  So that's nice.  Today I think I'm going to hit up Ulta and Sally's with my friend Amber.  There aren't many fall polishes that I'm too interested in yet, though, so I don't think I'll be buying much.  It's also that awkward time before all the fall collections actually hit brick & mortar stores, so all Ulta really has are sad remnants of spring and summer collections.  I should probably just start ordering stuff online, but really, where's the fun in that?  The hunt is just so thrilling.

That's all for today.  I'm surrounded by people typing on their laptops, so I definitely feel like I fit in here.  Mmm, I love coffee.  Someone get me a double shot and a puppy.

9 comments:

  1. A long time ago I found an unattended children poster like that and it said 'Unattended children will be sold to the Goblin King' with a picture of David Bowie in Labyrinth. I promised myself that if I ever owned my own business or got in tight with a business owner I'd put up that sign.

    I also keep stopping by Sally's and Ulta with hopes that I find new polishes but I never do. Summer polishes are pretty much all sold out, the regular collection polishes I've seen a million times before, and nothing new is hitting the shelves. I'm going crazy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Stephanie,
    The Passport Blue is smokin' hot. Did you go to the Tom Petty concert last night? (If so, how was it? If not, how was it?)
    Digging the blog.
    Dan

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mmmm, hazelnut! And that's like the perfect gray...I need to pick that one up pronto!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love that sign.

    I never blog away from home. When I write, I don't sit down and write it in one piece, I jump around, dance and do stuff inbetween. Doing that in a café would most likely mean I'd end up in a straitjacket

    ReplyDelete
  5. Get an extra bottle of JITNB. OPI is B2G1F at Ulta until Sunday. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love this color! I thought I satisfied my gray craving when I got China Glaze Recycle...but I keep seeing other awesome grays like this one.

    Also, cute sign, lol.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love that color on you! It looks like the base color of Opposites Attract by BB Couture that I wore the other day, but that has glass flecks and black glitter in it. Both are great! =)

    ReplyDelete
  8. oh yay i adore grey polishes muchly! jo and i are going to check out that new erie place, we were so excited when we found out about it! i think i spy a tom in that picture :P

    ReplyDelete
  9. Haha at the sign. That's a nice grey color.

    ReplyDelete

I love, love, love your comments, guys! Thanks so much for leaving them! I try to respond to questions either in the comments section or in forthcoming posts, so check back later!