Tuesday, July 13, 2010

American Apparel Passport Blue (!)

Hey guys! I'm in such a ridiculously good mood. I've got three days off (yesterday, today and Wednesday) and yesterday was so much fun. I went out to breakfast, went to the Cleveland Museum of Natural History, walked around Case Western, where I'll soon be going to grad school, had yummy Americanized-Chinese food for dinner, and watched V For Vendetta, which is always awesome. I love having Cleveland-y days like that. Today I'm going to a new coffee shop to meet a friend. I've been there once before and it was so adorable that I decided I need to go back there. And buy merchandise :)

Today I have a second American Apparel polish for you, and it's the one I was most excited about buying.



There's not really any sunlight today. Sorry about that. I need to get me a lightbox before the winter comes, huh? Anyway, this is American Apparel Passport Blue. It's the AA polish I wanted most of all because I absolutely love dark, vampy blues. Also, the idea that this polish matches an object that exists in reality (a passport) is somehow appealing. I wish I had a passport to compare the polish to, but I seem to have misplaced mine for the time being. This color is just too beautiful. It's a very, very dark blue that in no way looks black. It also has this gorgeous dusty quality about it that's difficult to capture on film without sunlight. I used two perfect, easy-to-apply coats for this manicure, plus one coat of Seche Vite. Actually, my bottle of Seche is dying. I don't know if you can tell, but there are little tiny bubbles on the surface of the polish. Ugh. I hate buying more Seche. Necessities, necessities.

Anyway, that's pretty much all for today. Oh! I wanted to let you all know that the wear on Ginger + Liz Boy Toy is incredible. If all G + L polishes are like that then I'm totally buying more. Usually after a night at Coffee Inc. my polish is basically gone. I spend at least an hour every night with my hands submerged in water, so most polishes just can't stand up to that. Boy Toy survived it without even a chip. Without even tipwear! I was so impressed that I kept it on for another day. It was still perfect when I removed it. How's that for quality?

K, thanks for reading, guys! I'll talk to you all tomorrow!

7 comments:

  1. This colors very pretty! Awesome that the G&L polish stayed so well, but if I'm gonna spend that kinda $ I'd rather get Nfu Oh lol. I'll stick with G&L's dupey-twin sister, DC

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is such a beautiful color!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This color is great on your hands!

    Thanks for the heads up on G+L :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fantastic color for you. I love it! I need more AA polishes... I love their colors. So different! I'm on vacation so you probably won't hear from me but I'll tty when I get back!!! =)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well hot dang... I think I want that one too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This colour is a standout on your nails, but not really my cup of tea. It's too dark and bland for me but great that it suits you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Where do you buy this? American Apparel does not have a Passport Blue. Please... I love the color...

    ReplyDelete

I love, love, love your comments, guys! Thanks so much for leaving them! I try to respond to questions either in the comments section or in forthcoming posts, so check back later!