Thursday, July 15, 2010

American Apparel Peacock

The day before I went to American Apparel last week I asked a couple people which of their polishes I needed to have.  Every single person said the same thing:  Peacock.  I'm not really crazy about teals, but when I got there I made sure I had Peacock in my hot little hands.  It was the first color I picked up and I held onto it while I walked around the store and laughed at the ridiculous clothing.  Today I'm finally ready to bust Peacock out and give it a whirl.  




Beautiful, isn't it?  My friends have good taste.  Peacock is a really nice teal creme that, to my eye, leans much more blue than green.  I kind of feel like having this polish has squelched my lemming for Rescue Beauty Lounge Teal.  Funnily enough, this color is one of my favorite ones to wear in my clothing.  I definitely went through a phase in around the fall of 2008 where all I would wear was teal and mustard (which look lovely together, I think).  Peacock reminds me of that.  

I had also heard from a few people that Peacock is a one-coat lacquer.  For me it wasn't; I'm not saying that it couldn't be.  Maybe if I had a bit more skill in the polishing department.  The formula was still absolutely fantastic, just like the formulas on each of my other American Apparel polishes.  I used two coats here.  

That's all for today.  I have to work later and after three days off, I'm definitely not looking forward to that.  Strangely my schedule is exactly the same next week!  I have Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday off.  What will I do with myself?  Maybe I will go back to American Apparel because, for real, I want every other American Apparel polish that exists.  That's how awesome these are.

So what does everyone think of Peacock?  Is it anyone else's favorite AA polish? 

3 comments:

  1. It's very pretty! I only have one AA (Office); don't want to order online because I've heard horror stories about their poor packing and just haven't been to a store yet (I'm not their target audience, for sure).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooh, I love it!! I don't have any AA polishes yet.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This colour looks great! I have seen these AA polishes all over the blogsphere and all the colours look amazing.
    I'm in the UK and there isn't an AA very close to me but when I get a chance I will get to one and probably end up treating myself to at least one of these!
    I had my eye on Malibu Green and Factory Grey, but I think you've swayed me to Peacock now :)

    xx

    ReplyDelete

I love, love, love your comments, guys! Thanks so much for leaving them! I try to respond to questions either in the comments section or in forthcoming posts, so check back later!