Monday, July 26, 2010

Barry M Baby Blue

Good morning everyone!  Monday again.  I've got to work later, which is a bit unusual for Monday; I picked up someone's shift.  Oh well.  I raced home after work last night and got to the couch just in time to kick off my shoes and watch Mad Men.  It...was awesome.  If you're not watching it, you should be.  I painted my nails while I was watching the encore presentation (yes that's right; I watched the same show twice.  So awesome!).




This is Barry M Baby Blue and it's the first polish that I chose to wear from my Nathalie Package.  I don't know why I wanted to wear this one so badly, but as soon as I took it out of the box it spoke to me.  It said, "Put me on your hands, Steff.  You'll loooooove me."  I do love it.  Baby Blue reminds me of a more opaque version of Rescue Beauty Lounge Bikini Bottom, one of my favorite polishes.  The formula on this wasn't great, but I wasn't expecting it to be because, from what I understand, Barry M is a quite inexpensive brand; that coupled with the fact that it's a pastel seems to equal not so great formula. This level of opacity took four coats to achieve and it's still not perfect.  It's a bit streaky.  I absolutely love the color, though.  It's so pretty and stark against my skin.  

A couple other things.  First, I am sorely disappointed with Out the Door topcoat.  It takes way longer to dry than Seche Vite and even after like an hour it wrinkles and dents.  That's not fast drying.  The bottle literally says, "Dries in seconds!"  No.  No it doesn't.  I need to go buy a bottle of Seche, man.  Also, I thought I'd share with you that I've been watching this show called The Whitest Kids U' Know and it's absolutely hilarious.  Season 4 is on Netflix instant watch.

They're a New York City-based sketch comedy troupe who have a show on the Independent Film Channel (IFC) which, in my little indie head, gives them instant cred.  If you don't know them, check it out.  Their show is offensively hilarious and I've been giggling about it for days.

K, that's all for today.  Happy Monday, everyone!

7 comments:

  1. I love this color!! Blue makes me happy. I use Out The Door though and I haven't had any problems with it taking forever to dry. It works great for me. My friend tried it though and it wouldn't work for her.
    :/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the heads up about Out the Door! I love this blue! And like you said, it's very stark against your skin...pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute colour! I haven't seen anything like it before :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is lovely...whenever I see pale blues, I keep thinking I don't need them because I have For Audrey from China Glaze, but this is paler and looks so lovely and feminine, I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love it on you! So pretty! It's like your version of For Audrey for me lol

    I'm laying on the couch watching the office and procrastinating painting my nails and toenails. haha =)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I hope you're still reading these.

    I despise OPI's business practices in regards to E-tailers, but that said...OPI Drip Dry. Find a 4 oz bottle on Amazon for around $40 (for the love of polish DON'T pay retail for a .33 or 1 oz bottle). Makes any good topcoat a quick dry and is so much more cost effective than Seche.

    ReplyDelete

I love, love, love your comments, guys! Thanks so much for leaving them! I try to respond to questions either in the comments section or in forthcoming posts, so check back later!