Sunday, July 25, 2010

Chanel Coromandel

I'm having a great weekend so far and I hope you guys are too!  The only problem is that it has been raining and gross for the past couple days in Pleasantville  Not a big deal for fun times, but it kind of sucks for polish-y times.  Ah well.  If you've been reading my blog for a while you know that Mad Men is my favey-fave show of all time; tonight is the premiere of season four on AMC.  Whenever I think Mad Men I always think red polish so that's why I chose to wear Chanel Coromandel today.




The formula on this polish is absolutely impeccable.  It was a one-coater, but what you see in these pictures is two coats.  I just felt better doing two for some reason.  Coromandel is a warm-toned red (my favorite sort of red!) with tiny microshimmer that's more visible in the bottle than on the nail.  Oh, by the way, the nail on my ring finger snapped off last night.  I have no idea what happened :(


See how pretty this red is?  I'm in love with this polish.  A couple weeks ago I met Michelle Mismas of All Lacquered Up for lunchtime fun at Melt.  We had a great time, tasty food and good conversation...and she showed up with a bag of goodies for me!  Coromandel was among those goodies (along with Rescue Beauty Lounge Mismas, MAC So Rich So Pretty and MAC Coral Wave).  Thanks so much, Michelle.  I love this little gem.

Wah, I can't wait for Mad Men!  


I'm kind of in love with the character Don Draper.  The funny thing is that the actor, Jon Hamm, does basically nothing for me.  Like, if I see him on the red carpet or something I'm kind of like, meh.  But when he's Don Draper...oh, delicious.  Rawr.

Other fun news...I think that on Tuesday I'm going to be going to the Ikea in Canton, Michigan with my buddy Amber.  We're both in need of some serious retail therapy (though I should save my dollars because I definitely need at least one of the Rescue Beauty Lounge fall colors) and Ikea is super fun.  Too bad there's not one closer; we're going to make a day out of it, though.  Happily Tuesday is my only day off next week.  I'm thinking that I'm going to get another Helmer.  It scares me that I need one.

Alright, that's all for today.  My friend's graduation party is this afternoon--she graduated from nursing school!  Congratulations Rachel!--so I'll be going to that and hopefully eating cake, and then heading to work.  I hope everyone has a great Sunday and I'll talk to you all tomorrow!

6 comments:

  1. Oh wow, it's a perfect red. So classy. And congrats to your friend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This red is gorgeous!! I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh you met a nail blogger? Dead cool. I wish there was someone in my area. Very sweet gift, I love the typical Chanel discreet shimmer. Some don't like Chanel but I've always been a bit fond of their polishes. Even if I don't buy them.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am with you on the Mad Men love; it's such an amazing and emotionally intelligent show. And though I may try to remind myself of Don Draper's lying and adultery, in the season 3 finale when he kicked down the art dept door, I just swooned.

    Love the blog by the way!

    ReplyDelete
  5. As much as I stay away from red, this looks fantastic on you =) And I might even consider wearing it since it doesn't look all that orange-y

    ReplyDelete
  6. Classic Red- whats not to love? So cool you meet ALU!

    ReplyDelete

I love, love, love your comments, guys! Thanks so much for leaving them! I try to respond to questions either in the comments section or in forthcoming posts, so check back later!