Saturday, July 31, 2010

Essence Pointbreak

Good morning, everyone.  Happy Saturday!  I'm still in my pajamas nursing a gigantic cup of coffee, but in a few minutes I'm going to get dressed and go drug store hopping.  One of my favorite activities.  Yesterday morning I decided to stop at Ulta on my way home from a friend's place.  I wasn't expecting to find anything that I wanted, but I ran across an Essence display called Surfer Babe.  It included eyeliners, lipglosses, a blush, a little eyeshadow palette (which I now kind of want) and, of course, nail polish.  I picked up three of the four polishes included in the display. 





Here's Pointbreak.  When I saw it in the store it was sitting in-between two cool-toned colors, a blue and a purple (both of which I bought), so it looked like this gray had strong cool undertones.  On my skin, though, it just looks like a straight-up gray creme.  That's fine, though.  I actually like it.  The application was good; I like the Essence brush.  The formula was decent; this was only two coats.  I haven't got any complaints about this little guy.  


These Surfer Babe polishes are about twice as big as the polishes part of the normal Essence line.  I suppose that, because of this, they cost twice as much (ie $1.99).  Still a steal, though.

Last night one of my customers was getting ready to leave and he reached over the espresso machine to fist-bump with me.  As he did that he pushed my arm riiiiiiight into the steam wand while it was on.  I could hear my skin sizzle.  Guh, that's the worst.  Got my weekend off to a great start, huh?

Okay, I'm on my way to the drug store.  My friend texted me pictures of new Sally Hansen Xtreme Wears and I just have to see them for myself.  I hope everyone has a great weekend!  What do you all think of Essence Pointbreak?  What's your favorite gray creme?  For $2 this is a good one!

7 comments:

  1. I can't believe you can buy decent polish for that money. That's probably £1. You are so lucky.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like the perfect Saturday morning to me!

    I love that gray...I'm just starting to see Essence polishes pop up around where I live, and not just online, so I can't wait to actually buy some now!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this one! <3 It looks great on you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This one seems very nice! I must look for it in my next polish-shopping tour.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Omg! Are you ok? The burn isn't bad, right?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ooh definitely have to pick up that color! Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete

I love, love, love your comments, guys! Thanks so much for leaving them! I try to respond to questions either in the comments section or in forthcoming posts, so check back later!