Monday, July 12, 2010

Ginger and Liz Boy Toy

Happy Monday, everyone!  This is certainly the happiest of Mondays for me.  Y'know why?  Because I finally have a day off work.  I don't even know what to do with myself.  I'm using the Blogger scheduled post feature for the first time ever today, so hopefully this works.  I got sick of leaving you guys hanging.  I keep saying that regularly scheduled posting will resume soon, so this week I actually want to be true to my word.






Here is Ginger + Liz Boy Toy.  Now, normally I don't like colors like this.  I gave away my China Glaze For Audrey ages ago and I tend to steer clear of turquoise-ish or Tiffany blue colors because I'm just so over them.  Then I met Boy Toy.  I've got to say...I adore this polish.  The tiny microshimmer in this makes it even more beautiful.  I guess I would call this a robin's egg blue color; it's not quite Tiffany blue and turquoise doesn't seem like a fitting description.  Whatever it is, it's gorgeous.  I'm new to the Ginger + Liz brand, so I wasn't sure what to expect in terms of quality.  I loved the brush.  It was just wide enough to get the job done well but not so wide that I got polish everywhere.  The application was good; Boy Toy went on just a little sheer and a bit streaky, so I had to use three coats to even it out.  I expected that with such a light color, though, so I'm not disappointed.

When I first put this polish on I thought it might match my H&M candy land secret agent sunnies.


I was wrong.  My sunnies are much greener than Boy Toy.  Ah well.  You win some, you lose some.  I got a new ring at the arts and crafts fair that I went to with my mom on Saturday!  Lookit!


Isn't it neat?  It reminds me of waves in a Hokusai painting. 






There was a lot of really awesome stuff at that art show, but I'm a sucker for rings lately.  This one that I got is sterling silver so it's the type of thing that has to be polished (which is annoying).  I usually get a piece of jewelry every year from the show; last year I got a really cool strand of fresh water pearls.  My mom got a really pretty aquamarine ring this year too.  I've been spending way too much money lately.  Eek.  I guess I'll try to reign that in.  After I buy more makeup :)


Alright, that's it for today.  What do you guys think of Ginger + Liz Boy Toy?  Does anyone have any other polishes from this brand?  They can be purchased for $12.50 apiece at the Ginger + Liz website.  I hope you all have a great Monday!  I'm going to sleep in, drink lots of coffee, and lounge in the sunshine.  Can't wait.

7 comments:

  1. The art show sounds like fun! That pic is awesome!

    Tell me?...is the Ginger and Liz brush better than OPI Pro Wide brush?

    Great color!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Actually it reminds me of Chanel "Nouvelle Vague". I wonder how it compares to it. I always think those light blue/green colors are boring (when people rave about something too much, it bores me), but whenever I wear them, I realize they aren't at all.

    Did you buy "Reality Check" too?? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Rings are really "in" right now. How can you not love blues?! They are my favourite colour and blue np are always nice! Including this colour. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can't get enough of these blues so I love it! Cute ring too ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your photos of Boy Toy look awesome! Thanks for the review :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Shoot us an email...we think you'd love Ivy League, releasing next month. Perhaps we can get a sample out to you! contact@gingerandliz.com

    ReplyDelete

I love, love, love your comments, guys! Thanks so much for leaving them! I try to respond to questions either in the comments section or in forthcoming posts, so check back later!