Thursday, July 22, 2010

MAC Coral Wave

Good morning, everyone.  It's Thursday!  That means it's almost the weekend (for most of you)!  I've actually been counting down the days until July 25th (which is Sunday) for quite a while.  Y'know why?  Season Four of Mad Men starts on AMC.  Be still my beating heart.  I have never loved a show more than I love Mad Men.  So excited! 



It's definitely time to slather on some cuticle oil.  I don't know why my hands are so dry; it's incredibly humid out every day.  I was hoping that would help my poor dry cuticles, but apparently not.  Anyway, this is MAC Coral Wave.  If you read Short 'n Chic regularly you know how I feel about coral.  If you are new to my insanity, let me break it down for you:  I freaking love coral.  Wanna see my coral trench coat?  Click here.  Some of my favorite coral polishes include:  Chanel Orange Fizz, Wet n Wild Blazed, Rescue Beauty Lounge Starfish Patrick and China Glaze Flip Flop Fantasy.  This MAC polish is nice, but it's a bit more orange than I like my corals to be.  Actually, these pictures don't really do this polish any justice.  It's a very beautiful, soft color.  For some reason I feel like that doesn't translate well in the photos.


The formula on this polish was pretty good.  I used two coats at first but I realized I could still see my nail line so I went back and did a third.  Not a huge deal.  The polish wasn't too thick or too thin and it was easy to work with.  I'm still using Orly Bonder as a base coat, but yesterday when I went to Sally's I decided that I would try a different topcoat.  Seche is fantastic and will probably always be my favorite topcoat, but it's expensive and it's got toulene in it.  I go through this every couple months; I decide I'll try a new topcoat, I try one, I'm disappointed in it, I go back to Seche.  We'll see what happens.  This time I chose Out the Door.  I've heard good things about it and it's a dollar cheaper than Seche Vite.  I can give you my first impressions of OtD already:  it's a lot thinner than Seche Vite; I wasn't expecting that so at first I got too much on the brush and it pooled in my cuticles.  My fault, not the topcoat's.  It smells awful, but so does Seche.  I feel like it doesn't create a completely smooth surface like Seche does.  It also takes a bit longer to dry, which is made of fail.  I pretty much want instant dryness.  I'll let you guys know how it goes.


That's all for today.  I'm hoping that this occurs later:




Yes, I do have to work today so I could just make my own soy latte, but it's so much nicer when someone makes it for you at a different coffee shop.  And puts it in a mug.  And there is a chocolate square involved.  Mmm.  I'll see if I can make this happen.


What do you guys think of Coral Wave?  Does anyone have a favorite coral polish?  Spill, guys.

13 comments:

  1. I LOVE CORAL TOO. But I haven't been able to find a coral that I'm head over heels for. For now I franken my corals with oranges, pinks, and white. I may have to check into that Essence coral color from your Chanel Orange Fizz post!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So far Sally Hansen Insta-Dri in Mango Motion is my fave! It's a soft creme that has a great glossy finish. Love!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was eyeing OPI's Hot and Spicy for a while--- it's a very intense coral =)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I LOVE Mad Men too! I can't wear orange of any kind, it all looks awful on me. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. hey doll! you should really try Zoya Armor! I know it isn't fast dry, but I'm in a serious affair with it. If you are looking for a thin, fairly quick dry, Color Club Vivid topcoat is friggin amazing too.
    You make me want to love coral, but as a redhead, coral is not my friend...

    ReplyDelete
  6. i love corals too :D, i think they look best with my tan skin tone LOL . and i love wet&wild's blazed and brucci's mango taffy
    - kathy ♥

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm liking it on you!!! You know how I feel about red orange on me (or maybe you don't: I'm not a fan) but I love it on you. I put on wet n wilds rain check the other day and immediately started denting it and ruining my manicure. Then once it finally dried it just all chipped off. Fail. I didn't even get a chance to take any pictures. God I'm slacking on my blog. Fail. Anyway, I'm rambling. Have a nice day, love!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hey ...great blog

    I really like this blog its very interesting

    you can check out mine too and you can leave your comments there...

    http://mgmarketinggroup.blogspot.com/


    thank you...
    http://www.miamiglamour.com/campa/

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very pretty color...almost too orange to be coral in my opinion, but I love coral; I'll take it in any shade!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I think it's so pretty! :)

    I gave you a "I heart your blog" award on my blog..cause you are awesome! :)

    http://productrater.blogspot.com/2010/07/i-heart-your-blog-award.html

    ReplyDelete
  11. I just disovered your blog, it's so nice!
    I love coral polishes too, my favourite is Chanel's Orange Fizz. The worst thing about living in Australia is that cosmetics (and nail polishes) are so much more expensive - especially gorgeous Chanel ones!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love corals in the summer!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I am obsessed with coral anything. This color is fierce!

    ReplyDelete

I love, love, love your comments, guys! Thanks so much for leaving them! I try to respond to questions either in the comments section or in forthcoming posts, so check back later!