Thursday, July 08, 2010

MAC So Rich So Pretty

Hello, everyone. I hope you guys are all hanging in there with my erratic posting. I've had a lot going on. I've got a fun new polish for you today, though!


Here's So Rich So Pretty from the newly released Alice + Olivia collection from MAC. Sorry I got polish all over my cuticles. I think my skillz are deteriorating and I didn't have time for any clean-up. Usually I'm not one for red-toned purples, but this one is so beautiful that it almost looks electric somehow. Its shimmer is out of control in sunlight. I've only tried one other MAC polish and that one didn't blow me away by any means. The application on So Rich So Pretty was pretty good. I did two coats here, but I feel like I may have needed three. I saw a little bald patch on my pointer finger in direct sunlight. Oh well. This polish also reminds me a tad of a more vibrant version of China Glaze Cowgirl Up of Rodeo Diva fame.

I bought myself two little presents today. The MAC In the Groove collection hit brick and mortars this morning and I was ready for it. Last night I called my MAC counter and reserved a tube of Jazzed, a "bright coral pink" lipstick. I've been waiting for that one for a while because...well, you know me and coral. We have a relationship. As an afterthought while I was still on the phone with the MAC girl I asked if I could also reserve a Stereo Rose Mineralized Skinfinish. Stereo Rose is a repromote from a couple years ago, I think. It's a "coral with shimmering bronze nuances." The girl told me to hold a moment, and then came back to the phone telling me they had only one more Stereo Rose. Would I like them to hold it? Yes. That shit sold out instantly online and people are clamoring to get it. When I picked up my pretties today the girl at the counter dramatically told me that I probably got the last Stereo Rose in Cleveland. Heh. Well, makeup is nothing if not dramatic, yes?


I'm not sure whether or not I'll keep Stereo Rose or swap it away (you can let me know if you're interested in it in the comments, even!). There was just something about it being sold out that made me want it, you know? Plus...coral.

And now, excuses. I've been going out a lot at night lately and getting home extremely late (sometimes not at all) so that has made it difficult to keep up my normal posting schedule. Also, my grandmother is in the hospital today for a heart catheterization and possible surgery. I was there with her all morning but I left around 1 to run a few errands. I also have to work this evening (I've been working a ton too, which is a good thing!). I hope she's okay. She's the best grandma in the world, I swear it.

Alright, that's all for today. Man, this was one MACtastic post, huh? What do you guys think of So Rich So Pretty? All Lacquered Up has awesome swatches of all three of the Alice + Olivia polishes, so you should check that out. Does anyone have the original Stereo Rose? The repromote? Spill, ladies.

7 comments:

  1. That MAC nail polish is definately "so pretty"!

    ReplyDelete
  2. intense color! The coral looks a little darker than I expected... maybe post a swatch when you have time? =D

    ReplyDelete
  3. If you won't like Stereo Rose and would be prepare to do a swap for some other goodies, please let me know! I'm dying to get this baby :D

    ReplyDelete

I love, love, love your comments, guys! Thanks so much for leaving them! I try to respond to questions either in the comments section or in forthcoming posts, so check back later!