Monday, August 09, 2010

China Glaze Bogie

Happy Monday, everyone!  And y'know why it's happy?  I'm on vacation for almost the entire week!  I don't usually ask for days off from Coffee Inc. (like, ever) but my friend and college roommate Betsy is visiting me tomorrow from St. Louis so I wanted to make sure I'd have time to spend with her.  So excited! Yay!  I'm also excited because I'm going to American Apparel today to pick up the three polishes that my giveaway winner chose (and, let's get real, three polishes for myself).  I will announce who the winner is tomorrow when I have those polishes in my hot little hands.


So, what's on the agenda for today, you ask?








Here's China Glaze Bogie, the first polish I'm showing you from the Vintage Vixen collection.  I don't have many polishes from Vintage Vix, actually; I'm kicking myself for not just buying the entire boxed set(s).  Anyway, Bogie is a deep, dark metallic plum.  Its base is super grayed out, giving it an almost antique-y feel; the multicolored microshimmer keeps this polish from falling flat.  I really like it, actually. It's not your average purple polish; it looks a little murky and vampy.  I actually ran out and bought Bogie after I saw ALU compare it with Rescue Beauty Lounge Catherine.  I know that they're not too too similar, but after seeing the comparison I thought I could probably happy with spending $5 on Bogie rather than $18 on Catherine (although that did not stop me from spending more money on Rescue Beauty Lounge Anne and Catherine H).  


Bogie really comes to life in the sun.  I did my nails at nighttime, like I always do, and it was a pleasant surprise this morning when I stuck my hand into a patch of sunlight and my nails glistened like little gems.  The application on Bogie was just what I'd expect from China Glaze:  two easy coats to opaque.  The formula was excellent.  I really don't have any complaints.


That's all for today!  I'll announce the winner of my giveaway tomorrow along with the polishes she chose.  I hope everyone's weeks get off to fantastic starts, and I'll talk to you soon!


Play it again, Sam.

9 comments:

  1. Woohoo, have lots of fun today! I love that purple...that murky kind of tinge to it is so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, I just realized the Bogie and Ingrid references, haha. Unless I'm wrong here. Anyway, yay Casablanca! I'm not sure about this shade; the closeup looks awesome but overall, it's a bit too metallicy looking for me. Have fun on your week off!!

    And you just reminded me about the new RBL collection, which I'm trying really hard not to lem but it's such a perfect collection (concept, colors, all of it)!

    ReplyDelete
  3. loved that color on you!
    and now I regret noy buying it for myself...

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like it I like it a lot. I think I need this because I want to hold it up to my hair, I think they would look nice together; this polish & my hair. I need to get this !!! Have lotso fun with your St. Loui friend! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Damn the three latest colors are amazing!!! I went to Catalina Island this weekend, it rocked =)

    I really want Bogie, and like half the others in that collection. But I overdrafted pretty hard this weekend, so it looks like I'll have to wait lol

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ooh! I do like this colour, in fact I like the whole Vintage Vixen collection and it's definitely on my lemming list! Although this colour looks kinda like a colour I've already got...still!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ugh, I'm so annoyed at my Sally's. They only got one of each in and this was gone. Gah, the people who work at my Sally's just seems so incompetent.

    ReplyDelete

I love, love, love your comments, guys! Thanks so much for leaving them! I try to respond to questions either in the comments section or in forthcoming posts, so check back later!