Thursday, August 19, 2010

Essie Velvet Voyeur

Hey guys.  Super tired today, but that's kind of my own fault.  When I finally got a minute to sit down and do my nails it was 2 in the morning.  I was kind of impatient.  Because it was 2 in the morning.  I used Essie Velvet Voyeur from the new fall collection.  Because I was impatient I got cuticle drag.  I was also too lazy to do three coats, so I just left bald patches.  I'm a bad, bad blogger.



See what I mean about the bald patches?  Anyway, Velvet Voyeur is a nice, dark purple vampy creme.  It looks pretty similar to William Tell Me About OPI in the bottle, but I don't have that one to compare the two.  I love Essie's description of this shade, though:  "intense chocolate amethyst."  That made me want to buy it.  Plus I love me a vampy.  Application was fine, as it always is with Essie, I just didn't wait long enough between coats.  If you're looking for a good dark purple that actually still looks purple (ie, NOT Lincoln Park After Dark) then check out Velvet Voyeur.  Creepy name, good polish.

So my orientation was okay yesterday.  I actually have another one today just for art history grad students.  I think there are only eight of us in the program this year, so I'll get to meet everyone.  I'm trying to figure out what to wear; too hot for tweed  :(  Thanks for all of your encouraging words yesterday, guys.  I really appreciate it.  For some reason this transition is probably the hardest one I've ever gone through and I feel pretty alone.  That sounds so emo, doesn't it?

Until tomorrow.

8 comments:

  1. dark goodness! looks so vintage-y, total win!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is a lovely color !
    I want this!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great color :) And you're not a bad blogger, everybody's has those days.. ^^

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think it's because you're a big girl now. Not moving through things with all your friends. This is just Steph now. And all of her followers of course. =D

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really like that color even if it looks like a pita to apply. I had no idea Essie had it. Good luck with your back to school stuff too :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. man, this is gorgeous.....ehh lovely.. ! i need this one!!you r not a bad blogger!! no talking bad about yourself!! jealous of your grad school thing.. want to go too..but I'm not ready..and need money...bc i want to study design/computer stuff abroad...good luck!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have like 3459087 millions of vampy colored polishes and I still want this one. What's wrong with me? ah ah. I think I'm a dupe compulsive buyer or I'm obsessed. Or both.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have both Velvet Voyeur and William tell me about OPI and they are verrrrrry similar. Enough so that I don't need both in my collection

    ReplyDelete

I love, love, love your comments, guys! Thanks so much for leaving them! I try to respond to questions either in the comments section or in forthcoming posts, so check back later!