Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Funky Fingers Cheshire and TOTAL FREAKOUT

Hey guys.  It's the night before my orientation for grad school (this post will auto-post) and I am FREAKING THE BALLS OUT.  Dude, I'm so scared.  It would be much better if I had a buddy to go with me, but alas.  I'm all alone-y on my own-y.  To distract myself from what is sheer and utter terror, I'm going to write a post about the polish I'm currently wearing, Funky Fingers Cheshire.  





Of course you all know that purples photograph weirdly, so this looks too blue.  In real life it's definitely more purple.  It's a beautiful, blue-based purple.  I'm not really sure where this brand is generally sold.  There is this new-ish store in the area called Five Below where everything is five dollars and under.  I can get this brand there, three for five dollars.  So that's what I did.  I wasn't sure what to expect from Funky Fingers in terms of quality, but I've got to say...this polish is pretty freakin' awesome.  It went on really smoothly, was opaque in two coats and dried quickly.  It also dried to kind of a satin finish, but it's not bright enough to be a neon.  My only complaint is that the bottle is shaped really weirdly; it makes it difficult to hold for picture-purposes.  Not that most people would care about that.  I really liked the long handle on the brush, though.  Goooood stuff.  I'm a huge fan of this polish.  I'm excited to try out the other two that I got.


Okay, so I think that right about now I look like this. 



Usually to make myself feel better I do silly, frivolous things.  Today was no exception.  I have a penchant for theming outfits, you see, and I've been thinking of having a grad student outfit for months.  Now, ideally this outfit would include jeans (got 'em), high-heeled booties (got 'em), a black t-shirt (got it), a tweed jacket (JUST got one--thanks mom!--it's BB Dakota and it's PERFECT) and ridiculous hipster glasses.  I was missing the glasses.  You know the ones I'm talking about.  Ray-Ban style, ridiculous, thick-framed.



I went back to Five Below and got these [completely fake] glasses for $4.31.  I wanted the same glasses in brown that I had seen there the other day, but they were gone by today.  I was fully expecting all my friends to laugh their asses off at me, but these actually got a pretty positive reaction from most people.  I mean, they're ridiculous.  You kind of can't help but laugh.  As I've been saying for months, grad school is SERIOUS BUSINESS, people.  SRS BIZNAZ.  Serious business requires not-so-serious accessories.  Seriously.

In all honesty...I can't BELIEVE I'm starting grad school.  It seems like I just started my "year off."  I've been having such a great time for the past seven months just working at Coffee Inc. and making new friends.  I'm sad to have that time end.  I'm still going to try to keep my Coffee Inc. job for a couple days a week, but school obviously comes first.  Because the glasses say so.  I have so many fears about it that are pretty unfounded.  Like...what if everyone is smarter than me?  What if I've been out of school for too long and I've forgotten how to be a good student?  What if I try and fail...?  I'm so, so scared.  When I get anxiety like this it's almost impossible for me to sleep and I have to be in Cleveland early tomorrow.  So that'll suck.  Sigh.  When did I turn into an adult?

That's enough of my blabbery.  Anyone else use Funky Fingers polishes?  I'd be interested to know because I've only seen these in one place.

10 comments:

  1. Funky Fingers is Color Club in a different bottle. What you have on is actually also Pucci-licious, so don't waste your money on another bottle unless you reaaaaaaaaaally love it or wanna do a comp or something =)
    Good luck with grad school, you'll do fine. And omg honey those glasses. I'm ususally on board with your wacky glasses but those? Oh sweet jesus! Sweet pea if you were those you WILL end up on lookatthishipster.com please for the love of all that is holy just, donate those to someone walking out of American Apparel. Please?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't you worry, you are going to do just fine :)
    It might be stressful in test periods, but you will nail it!

    Is this polish a dupe for Funkey dunkey?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good luck today Steff!! :D
    I lovee that color.. and the name. I've seen it on another blog before. I can't get it here though, lame! I really love the name, I'm silly that way. And purple is one of my favorite colors.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm sooooo excited for your orientation! Wish I could be there to hold your scared little hand! Haha. But seriously, good luck. You will do amazing. =)

    BTW, awesome color, perfect name! Love it.

    Cute glasses, I have some too, but I rarely have the balls to wear them.

    ReplyDelete
  5. *Pounce*

    *Hugs*

    You will be awesome. I'm going to assume that you've done your orientation for today. So I shall hear about it later.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ooh thats a pretty colour on you! Love it! And good luck with grad school! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. You'll be fine, girl. =) Freaking out is a normal reaction and you're not less smart than anyone.

    I'm wearing glasses since I'm 12 because I'm myopic (my glasses are tick black framed, rectangular) and I wish I could not have to wear glasses (it sucks when you want to wear sunglasses because you see nothing). I think I will never understand how can someone who doesn't have to wear glasses want to bother with them!! But you look beautiful with them, as ever. :D

    Oh and you should take a theater class, the "I'm freaking out" photo could come from a movie!

    ReplyDelete

I love, love, love your comments, guys! Thanks so much for leaving them! I try to respond to questions either in the comments section or in forthcoming posts, so check back later!