Thursday, August 12, 2010

Ginger + Liz Fall 2010

Hey kids.  How is everyone's week going?  Mine's going well; my friend is visiting from St. Louis and we're having a fun time spending too much money.  I may have gone a little bonkers at the MAC store yesterday.  And H&M.  Fun times.


Anyway, I have three polishes to show you from Ginger + Liz's fall offerings.  I'm going to be honest with you guys here.  I have read that there is some drama concerning bloggers and G + L, but I've kept out of it. I'm just reviewing these polishes objectively, as all reviewers should.  If you've got any questions about that, shoot me an e-mail and I'd be happy to chat with you.



Here is Blowin' Money Fast.  It's a shimmery blueish green.  It's absolutely beautiful and the application was awesome.  Two easy coats to opaque.  I thought it looked a bit familiar, though, so I compared it to Zoya Suvi.



Suvi is on my middle finger.  There are differences.  The formula on Suvi was not wonderful compared to Blowin' Money Fast.  I used three coats here and there's still a bald patch.  It's also a bit less blue than Blowin' Money Fast.


And here are the bottle pictures.



Here is Ivy League.  It's a bright, yet still soft-looking, lime green.  I don't really collect colors like this so I don't have a comparison for you.  This one had a nice formula too, but it took three coats to even out.  Very pretty.



Here's Not on the First Date.  This is my favorite of the three I received.  You guys know how I love a taupe.  The application on this one was great too.  Two coats.  When I first took this one out of the box I thought it looked a lot like RBL Grunge, down to the silver shimmer.



Grunge is on my ring finger.  Not on the First Date is purpler than Grunge.  They're...not the same.  Haha.



Here are the bottles.  Compared to Not on the First Date Grunge looks almost...band-aid-y.  I still loves it though.


And here are the three polishes.  Cute, huh?  All in all I like this collection.  Ivy League and Blowin' Money Fast don't strike me as particularly original, but they're still pretty and apply well.  My favorite of these three is definitely Not on the First Date.  I'm wearing it for a full manicure right now.  I approve.

Ginger + Liz polishes can be purchased here for $12.00 apiece.  I'm not sure when these fall ones will be available on the website, but until then they have a nice selection of colors.  You can see my review of Boy Toy here.  

That's all for today.  Thanks for reading, kittens!

These polishes were sent to me for review.  These are my honest opinions, honestly.  

23 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This company has some seriously bad customer relations. Based on that fact alone I will never buy from them!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Blowin Money Fast could be a dupe for OPI Cuckoo For This Color and CHG Emerald Fitzgerald =) These shades are big this fall!
    I adore the shade picture of Ivy League =) I know you're not really into mint greens, but it looks beautiful on you =)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Blowin Money Fast does looks like it might be similar to DC under the willow tree. I would love to see a comp of that also!

    ReplyDelete
  5. not into this brand at all. and i think it's funny their bottle design has totally changed since all the drama.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oooh. I really like Blowin' Money Fast, but I might have to get OPI's Cuckoo for this Color instead. I love your blog, btw, definitely brightens my 9-5!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your blog and the colors are nice, but this company has left a bad taste in my mouth. Can't support that kind of business.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I like the colours but they won't get my vote after their PR disaster.

    ReplyDelete
  9. the bottles have not changed. these are their sample bottles - chill out.

    i support women in business! thank you for swatching these new colours. love them

    ReplyDelete
  10. A PR disaster is a Mel Gibson situation not what G+L went thru with the blogger from the UK - lighten up

    ReplyDelete
  11. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I ARE WANTING THE TAUPE! RAWRRRRRR MOAR TAUPE!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thanks for reviewing our new Fall shades Stephanie, we appreciate your honest opinion! We love them all on you but agree that Not On The First Date best may be the winner on your complexion. Although, Blowin' Money Fast's metallic emerald fabulous-ness looks awwwesome on you too!

    PS - For the record, we totally support and appreciate beauty bloggers! We haven't been able to say enough that we apologize to anyone offended by our defamation dispute with a UK based blogger. There are two sides to every story and we whole-heartedly acknowledge that we could have handled the international dispute in a different manner...lesson learned! :)

    xoxo,
    Ginger + Liz

    ReplyDelete
  14. PPS - LOL @ kelsealaurel

    Funnny!

    xo, G+L

    ReplyDelete
  15. The damage is done for me. I don't like the jab at other bloggers here though, the "I review objectively, as all bloggers should" - including information they have heard from other sources or things they have overseen does not mean their review is a biased, unreliable piece of crap. Making readers aware of your experiences with a company itself, not just its products, can be just as big a help as the product review itself.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hatkey, I believe I said, "I'm just reviewing these polishes objectively, as all reviewers should." I said that because that's what I believe, not as a jab to anyone. I'm friends with a lot of bloggers and I still believe that.

    ReplyDelete
  17. OMG I love Blowin' Money Fast. It's such a lovely emerald green/blue colour! Want. <3

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love that third polish, not on the first date. I think it looks quite a bit like Brucci color number 447, which is called "Elizabeth's A 'Natural.'" Same purple-y taupe color.

    ReplyDelete
  19. I love love love "Not on the First Date". I know that when a taupe look great on you, it'll look great on me (we probably have the same skintone and same taste, ah ah - wait we have a big favorite in common: Tickle my France-y!).

    Anyway, thank you for remaining totally neutral, Steph. After all the G+L drama I've read here and there, it's very refreshing. Lova ya little sister.

    ReplyDelete
  20. I have to admit, I was surprised to see G+L polishes on your blog. After all that drama... =) I'd never buy from them, 'cause their shades aren't that original, and the polish is expensive.

    P.S: And about the ''women in the bussiness'' comment by the Anonymous (how appropriate): that's a load of bulls*it. Supporting a bussiness because of the sex of the owner...

    ReplyDelete
  21. nihrida, none of that drama involved me.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Gotta love the names on these.

    ReplyDelete

I love, love, love your comments, guys! Thanks so much for leaving them! I try to respond to questions either in the comments section or in forthcoming posts, so check back later!