Wednesday, August 04, 2010

H&M U Must Have This

Good morning, everyone. I'm in a good mood. Blah, it's so hot today. I'm pretty sure that when I exited my house this morning I yelled, "fuuuuuuuck youuuuuuu, August!" (you're welcome, suburbia) It was supposed to be gross and rainy all day today, but it's really pretty outside right now. Sunshine shining, birdies tweeting, and of course HUMIDITY RUINING IT ALL. I'm at the Pleasantville Library right now, where everybody knows my name. I worked here for a couple years when I was like 16 and 17. Before collegetimes, in other words. I got a cup of coffee from the "cafe" and it's pretty hilarious. These people want me to burn off my hands because they provide no hot cup sleeves. Dammit, I should buy a reusable one at Coffee Inc. like I always mean to! That's it; frivolous spending, here I come.


Oh, by the way, have you entered my American Apparel Hipster Giveaway? Click here to enter to win your choice of three American Apparel polishes. It's easy. Trust me. You can also click on the pretty picture at the top of the righthand sidebar. Tell your friends!


Now since you've been patient with me through my babble I will reward you all with pictures of pretty polish.




Here's another H&M polish that the lovely Nathalie sent me. I don't normally like blues like this, and I was fully prepared not to like it when I put it on. Once I did have it on, though, I couldn't stop looking at my hands. This is a pow-in-your-face sky blue and I actually really, really like it. I think it looks nice with my skin. The application on this little polish was completely flawless. The formula was wonderful and it only took two coats to perfect. Even though I don't have Zoya Robyn, this color reminds me of it. Here's a swatch of Brooke wearing it.



I haven't posted one of these weirdo pictures in a while. This was right after I woke up and I for some reason decided that mirrors are a good idea. Trust me, at 8 in the morning after four hours of sleep, mirrors are not a good idea. Ah well. Pretty polish! The only thing that bothers me about U Must Have This is the name. I hate it when companies use letters in place of words. It's not cute. However, I do like H&M's selling ploy: "No, seriously girl, you MUST have THIS. Now buy it." Maybe that works.

Onto other things: the other day Michelle Mismas turned me on to this blog called ...Love Maegan (by the way, thanks, Michelle. You provided me with literally hours of entertainment). She has a little DIY section on her blog, and although I am challenged in the sewing and design department, there was a t-shirt design that just required a pair of scissors. I had those. I had a black Hane's mens t-shirt, size small (which is still a bit big, but oh well). Scissors plus mens t-shirt yield:



Hehe, you can see my tiny jade necklace peeking through the front hole. This took me all of five minutes. I wore this shirt out on Saturday and got a ton of compliments on it for some reason. Lots of people asked me where I bought it. Fun times with scissors. I have another t-shirt too, so maybe I will demolish that one too.

That's all for today! I have a day off and I'm planning on plenty of shenanigans involving: Vintage Vixen, frozen yogurt with a friend, H&M, and a free screening of Scott Pilgrim vs. the World at Pleasantville Park. Yay for Wednesday!

And hey! Don't forget to enter my giveaway!

9 comments:

  1. I absolutely LOVE blues like this!!! It's just so pretty and bright and BAM!! Ah, this polish looks amazing. Definitely my kind of color. Maybe I'll wear Zoya Robyn today.. Hm.

    ReplyDelete
  2. hahahaha you crack me up. ANd this blue is stunning, seriously! Like robins' eggs on crack!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this. It's really vivid and looks great on you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. i really love ...Love Maegan she's a visionary.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love that color. I'm not really a fan of blues either but... wow. I think I like it because it looks almost neon? Not sure. But that is definitely a blue I'd be willing to wear. Hmmmm.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, that color is blazing; I don't think I could pull it off, but it looks great on you. Also, great shirt! I need to try that soon.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This color pops on your nails. Its definitely a keeper for you.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This colour is called U Must Have This? Dude, hilarious.

    ReplyDelete

I love, love, love your comments, guys! Thanks so much for leaving them! I try to respond to questions either in the comments section or in forthcoming posts, so check back later!