Friday, August 20, 2010

It's Only Goodbye For A Little While

Hi everyone.  It's kind of a sad day for me.  On the one hand this is my 300th post (yay mayor bee!).  On the other hand I'm saying goodbye to you all for an undetermined amount of time.  As you've probably gathered from my two previous posts, I'm freaking the balls out about graduate school.  I had an orientation for art history students yesterday (there are eight of us) and received the syllabus for one of my seminars.  My bicep flexed when I picked it up.  It was huge.  It scared the crap out of me.  Seriously.  


I decided that I need to take a break from blogging.  As much as I love writing every day, nail polish, and all of you, I really need to concentrate on not failing miserably (which is still a distinct possibility).  As I said to my friend Laura yesterday, it's better to over-freak-out than to under-freak-out.  Right?  Therefore a Short n Chic hiatus is in order.  I suppose it's fitting that this is happening right after this blog's first birthday.  I've had a year to get this thing going and I love how it has turned out.  This blog is my baby.  It pains me to let it go for even a little while.


BUT things, they are a-changin'.  I want you all to know that doing this blog has been...awesome.  If you want to keep in touch with me PLEASE shoot me an e-mail:  sodejablue[at]gmail[dot]com.  I would love to chat with any of you about...anything!  I'll be back when I feel comfortable with how my life is progressing (which sounds totally vague, but that's how I'm feeling right now). 


Thanks everyone.  I'll miss you guys.  Keep in touch!  I'll still be reading and commenting on other blogs, so I won't be totally gone.  Just a bit out of the loop.

Love, love, love,


Steff

27 comments:

  1. We'll miss reading your blog for sure, but good luck with everything!

    ReplyDelete
  2. DISLIKE! But, seriously, I understand the grad school freaking out. When I started grad school I felt like the demands on me and my time were insanely high, and I had no idea how I was going to handle it all. But after a month or two I had worked out how to handle all the things I had to do and I was having a great time! You'll get into your own routine and you'll truly enjoy devoting so much time to something you love. But come back soon, because we'll miss you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. aw, we'll miss you! good luck though! you'll do great :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. awesome nails! <3 LA Girls Flare? lol. cant resist.
    And you deserve the ever right to take a break before u return, cuz u will :) i love ur blog posts and hope to see u soon!!
    and its so cool to be an art hist graduate studenttt!!!
    love,
    Jamie K

    ReplyDelete
  5. We'll miss you!

    Study hard and remember you can always make your post "short and sweet" and drop us a line from "time to time" :):)

    ReplyDelete
  6. We have to do what we have to do. School has to be your priority, for now.

    Your blog will stay on my blogroll and will pop to the top when you decide to pop in.

    Happy studying. And stop freaking. You are going to do great.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awh, I'm going to miss reading your blog Steff!
    Everyone else is right, you are going to do great!!
    <3

    ReplyDelete
  8. I m sure you ll do great!!!And we ll be here for your comeback!!!!
    Just take your time!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sad to see you go but this is important for you. I know you will be successful. I will be here when you come back. And I will keep in touch on the FB!

    Best of luck and be well!

    ReplyDelete
  10. We'll miss you, but good luck with Grad school

    ReplyDelete
  11. knock 'em dead!!!
    I'll stay on follow so if the urge hits over the holidays to post some swatches!

    Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm on the missing you band wagon but school is your priority and I'm with you 100% there! You take your time and come back when you're ready (we'll all be waiting with bells on) and good luck in school even though I'm sure you'll do fine!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'm glad you have your priorities in order. I always worry too much and find that it is never as bad as it seems. It's good to over worry, it prepares you :) Good Luck, Hope you come back.

    ReplyDelete
  14. good luck with school, i'm sure it will get easier as the days go by :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. good luck with grad school, we will all be here when you come back! :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wishing you the best of luck Steff!!!

    <3

    ReplyDelete
  17. I'll miss your blog - you have the prettiest pictures and love reading your stories. But the BEST of luck for grad school! You'll be awesome I'm sure! xx

    ReplyDelete
  18. Good for you for having the self-control to prioritize. You will do GREAT!! Looking forward to your return. :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Best of luck to you. It sounds like you are going to give it your all, so I know you will do great (just judging by how awesome your blog is). Have fun.

    ReplyDelete
  20. =( =( =( You better keep in contact with me beez!!!!

    I'll miss reading your blog erryday! Love youuu

    ReplyDelete
  21. aww.. take care of yourself..!! well see your blog later.. then.. and good luck with grad school! no worries.. just try to do one thing at a time! you don't have to be perfect/superhuman!!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Dammit. I must be the kiss of death. Every time I find a new (to me) blog I love, it goes away. Don't forget to write.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Aww...do come back soon!

    http://xmaterialgirlsx.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  24. Good luck darlin'! Knock their socks off! And do it with style. I'll chitter chatter with you later.

    ReplyDelete
  25. NO! I just found your blog! But grad school is very demanding, and it's great that you are shifting your focus to that 100%. I'm still saving your blog in Bloglines with the hope that you'll update soon... ;)

    ReplyDelete
  26. Mayor Bee, Mayor Bee!!!

    "Ohhhh noooo, but if I sting you I'ma diiieee!!!"

    Hope you have great success at school, I will miss you A LOT!

    You have taken my level of polish passion to a whole new level, I always look forward to your witty posts and great pictures!

    Come back soooooooooon.

    *shameless begging*

    XO

    ReplyDelete
  27. Wow, I just come back on your blog today after a 8/9 days internet hiatus (stupid technical problems) expecting to read tons of polish posts and it's to read that. Bummer. But on the other hand, I think that if you need this at that moment, you're doing the right thing. We can always chit chat anytime! You know I'm with you!

    I will be glad to read your rambling when you decide to post again. Now relax and study well. :)

    ReplyDelete

I love, love, love your comments, guys! Thanks so much for leaving them! I try to respond to questions either in the comments section or in forthcoming posts, so check back later!