Friday, August 06, 2010

OPI Diva of Geneva

I'm late posting this morning because I finally slept in. I meant to sleep in yesterday but it just didn't happen, and somehow I ended up being out all day and almost being late to work.  Today, however, I slept in until 11:30 and I've got NOWHERE to go until 5, when I have workytimes.  Also, my mom evidently took the day off so I think that perhaps we will have lunch together.  

A little update on my American Apparel Giveaway.  Remember how I said you have to enter by Monday, August 9th at midnight?  That was an unintentional lie.  You have to enter by Sunday, August 8th at midnight.  Sorry to switch things up on you guys, but that will make my life a lot easier.  If you haven't entered the giveaway yet, click here to do so.  You still have three days, so hop to it!

The other day I was driving by this random salon near Ulta and I decided on a whim to pop in and check out their polishes.  They had literally JUST put out the OPI Swiss display and I was giddy.  There were so many I wanted!  But when I looked at Ski Teal We Drop it looked awfully close to AA Peacock.  So I skipped it.  And when I looked at Color So Hot It Berns ('cause y'all know how I feel about a bright red) I remembered this comparison.  So I skipped it.  When I looked at Glitzerland I thought my Ulta exclusive Dazzled By Gold looked way more awesome.  So I skipped it.  When I looked at Cuckoo For This Color it reminded me a lot of Zoya Suvi.  So I skipped it.  When I looked at William Tell Me About OPI it looked really familiar...so I skipped it.  But to be honest, I will probably go back from that one.  I just can't resist a good vampy.  So what did I buy?  Only two!  Only two polishes!  What's wrong with me?!?!





Diva of Geneva is a super, super red-based purple shimmer that sometimes looks pink.  So, congratulations, Suzi.  You finally got me to purchase a semi-pink.  I couldn't resist this one, though.  The application was pretty decent, but my brush was a little moppy.  That's unusual for OPI.  The sun was also totally not cooperating with me when I took these pictures.  I thought it was supposed to be "mostly sunny" today, but I guess I was wrong.  Thanks, Pleasantville.  Oh, and that scratch on my middle finger?  Cat attack.  Not my angel kitties, of course.  Another evil cat that feigned niceness to earn my trust and affection and then flipped the hell out completely randomly while I was stroking her.  Sigh.  Bitches be crazy.

That's all for today.  What are your picks from the Swiss collection?  I guess you'll all have to just wait with bated breath to see the other polish I chose...

Happy Friday!  And don't forget to enter my giiiiiiveaway!  

10 comments:

  1. I want this one! It's very pretty. Also, I like the name because Geneva is the name of one of the elementary schools I went to. Haha.
    I also want to get William Tell Me About OPI. I don't have many vampy polishes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a nicce day to relax! that's a pretty color!

    ReplyDelete
  3. ooo i almost got this one last night, but now i'm kinda glad i skipped it. it looks nice but kinda boring.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is one of the polishes from Swiss I've had my eye on, but it looks super similar to one from Rodeo Diva. But ... who am I kidding, I'm sure I'll pick it up anyway.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm such a sucker for anything purple or pink. Nothing really struck my fancy from the Swiss collection until I saw this one! It looks like a must-have for me :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Im wearing this one today too, last night when I did my nails I was kinda unimpressed but then I went outside and wow.. just wow, what a beauty.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Bwahaha, bitches be crazy. Hahaha.

    ReplyDelete
  8. You showed amazing reserve getting just two! :)

    I went for Orly's FX instead. I allowed myself just two. But do plan on going back getting more.

    Damn kitty!!! >:(

    ReplyDelete
  9. awesome colour!!! my cousin lived in genneva and im gonna get it for her! this works out perfect! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I got this on my toes today simply based off these beautiful swatches. I LOVE this color!!! I featured this post on my blog and thought I'd give you a heads up :)

    ReplyDelete

I love, love, love your comments, guys! Thanks so much for leaving them! I try to respond to questions either in the comments section or in forthcoming posts, so check back later!