Saturday, August 07, 2010

OPI Lucerne-tainly Look Marvelous (!)

Happy Saturday!  The unbearable suspense is over, lovely readers.  Today you get to see the second polish I chose from the OPI Swiss collection.  I just couldn't keep you waiting any longer.






Here is Lucerne-tainly Look Marvelous, my other pick from the Swiss collection.  I FREAKING LOVE THIS POLISH.  First, let me just say that you definitely have to see this one in person to truly appreciate how incredibly awesome it is.  It's a charcoal shimmer--maybe a foil?--that has blue undertones to it.  It really does remind me of pencil graphite...like if you turned that pencil graphite into a sparkly nail polish, it would definitely be this one.  The formula was okay; it went on a little sheer but it built up nicely at three coats (which is what you see here).  

The only thing that really bothers me about this is the super silly name.  I mean, c'mon.  It's so pun-ny.  Remember when OPI didn't do pun-ny names?  Like Malaga Wine?  OPI Red?  Flint Island Flicker?  Sometimes I like OPI names (like You Don't Know Jacques and Tickle My France-y come to mind), but this one just bugs me.  Lucerne-tainly Look Marvelous.  Suzi, Lucerne-tainly need to hire me to come up with your polish names.  I can send you a resume.  


Also, here's a shade picture.  Much less impressive, yes?  Oh, sorry about my application.  I did it last night around 1am and I just didn't feel like doing clean-up.  I was exhausted.  Actually, I'm still exhausted.  I don't know what's wrong with me.  

One last thing--don't forget to enter my American Apparel Giveaway.  You can enter through tomorrow (August 8th) at midnight.  Have a great weekend, everyone :)

15 comments:

  1. This is so pretty. I'm glad I snatched it up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I want this too! (sorry for stealing your sentence, Tierney)

    I feel like a parrot today. No wait, I just ate a banana. I think I'm a big monkey. No wait, I'm very sleepy too at the moment. I think I'm a hibernating bear. You still mate with me?

    I'd send a resume to OPI if I were you. Dare. You have nothing to lose.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So gorgeous! I can't wait to get my hands on that ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Still waiting for my Ulta to get these. I am afraid I need about half the collection.

    ReplyDelete
  5. *nods* This is a foil. I passed on it. I already have so many foils.

    ReplyDelete
  6. ooh! i want. :) thats such a beautiful polish!

    ReplyDelete
  7. First I didn´t notice this color in the whole collection but now I must buy it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, this is cool. I used to color my nails with pencil in class when I was bored, and it really does kinda look like that...

    But I have to tell you, I'm an OPI virgin :( I don't own any and I don't know where to buy them out here. I just got back from Paris, but I didn't have time to squeeze in some shopping :(

    I really do want this though. Damn. I'll have to find some online shop where shipping costs aren't completely ridiculous.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This one is sooo pretty, I need to get it! It's hot, but not in your face. And yeah, OPI names honestly drive me up the wall sometimes.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Tain is french for tinfoil, used for mirrors..
    So the name isnt that strange I think..

    ReplyDelete
  11. Anonymous, I don't really think the name is strange, per se. I just don't like the overly pun-ny nature of OPI names lately.

    ReplyDelete
  12. LOVE IT! You have made me change my mind and buy it! It's under £6 in the outlet sale on ASOS at the moment! http://www.asos.com/Opi/Opi-Swiss-Collection/Prod/pgeproduct.aspx?iid=1318847&cid=2793&Rf-800=-1,15.000&sh=0&pge=1&pgesize=20&sort=-1&clr=CuckooForThisColor&r=2

    ReplyDelete
  13. If you're looking for a reputable contextual ad network, I recommend you take a peek at Chitika.

    ReplyDelete

I love, love, love your comments, guys! Thanks so much for leaving them! I try to respond to questions either in the comments section or in forthcoming posts, so check back later!