Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Rescue Beauty Lounge Anne

Hey guys!  Oh, how I've missed you all!  I've been the busiest little bee over the past couple weeks and I haven't had much time to blog or do my nails.  The free time that I do have is spent drinking copious amounts of coffee and watching Dexter.  God, I love that creepy ginger.  Anyway, school is going...alright.  It's a lot of assigned reading for class and more independent research.  I was assigned an object to research and write on for the end of the semester and I just met with a faculty member about it.  I probably should have done that earlier, but I wanted to be able to speak competently and eloquently about the painting and the artist.  Anyway, he really helped me out and gave me a direction to go, so I feel a little better about that.  However, new directions equal, you guessed it, more reading.  Sigh.  But at least I found time last night to paint my nails...






Aw, lookit my short nails!  Aren't they cute?  I cut them all down as short as they'll go about once a week just so I don't have to fuss with them.  I'm such a terrible nail blogger.  Anywho, here's Rescue Beauty Lounge Anne.  I pre-ordered this little gem at the beginning of August along with one other color and I was so happy to hear that the package had arrived safely at my mom's house last week.  The color is difficult to describe.  It's like...an antique-y brassy olive-y green with pink and gold shimmer.  I'm sorry that these pictures aren't great; I haven't found the best sunlight spot to take them yet.  Also it's fall in the midwest, so that means dwindling sunlight and lots of gloom and doom (my favorite!!).  On the website Ji calls Anne a "bewitching olive-green with a pink-gold metallic iridescence."  That's pretty accurate, I guess.  I don't know that I'd call this straight-up olive, though.  When I think of olive I think of No More War or MAC Dry Martini.  Anne looks like it has some forest green to it.


I probably don't even have to talk about application but I will anyway.  It was fantastic.  The formula was a bit thick, as RBL formulas are wont to be, but the polish flowed smoothly onto the nail and I didn't have to do any clean-up afterward.  What you see in the above images is two coats plus topcoat.  My friend was doing her nails with my other Tudor Housewife RBL and she said she only needed one coat of that one.  I'll show that one to you when I get around to taking off Anne.  Suspense!


Honestly, it has been kind of refreshing not blogging constantly.  I actually get to wear the polishes.  The one thing that was missing from my nail polish experience is experimentation on wear-time.  Now I have a pretty good idea about brands.  For example, I know that Maybelline polishes are awful in terms of wear.  I had tipwear within a day and that sucks.  Conversely, $OPI polishes are incredible.  I wore Metro Chic for about a week and when I took it off last night it still looked pretty much pristine.  Essie also wears well.  I'm interested to see how an RBL polish fares.  I really like Anne so I have no problem wearing it for a week or so.  I'll let you guys know how that goes.

My apartment still looks the same as it did last time I showed you except I got another rug and some curtains for the windows near my desk.  Thursday a couch is being delivered.  I'm pretty excited about this couch because it's HUGE and CUSHY and PERFECT for reading lots of journal articles and esoteric books about American portraiture.  And you can rest assured that I will be reading those journal articles and esoteric books while snuggled in a giant blanket and wearing my hipster glasses.




You didn't forget about my hipster glasses, did you?  Lord knows I didn't.  I kid you not when I say that I wear them while I write to help me feel smarter.  Are you laughing at me?  Be honest.  Hey, I'll take whatever help I can get at this point.  School is hard :(  Thank god I still have my Coffee Inc. friends to help keep me sane.

Alright, I'm going to get out of here now.  I missed you all!  I'll try to be back soon with another new RBL.  Who's excited for the sale in November?  :)  I'll be hitting that one up for sure.

10 comments:

  1. Hello!!
    Anne is beautiful and your nails look gorgeous. I love your glasses. ^.^

    ReplyDelete
  2. I look SO forward to the sale. And I lol'd at you wearing your hipster glasses. Your such a strange one, darlin'. I hope things are going well for you. *Smooch*

    ReplyDelete
  3. I lurrrrve your glasses. And your nails are fabulous. Short nails outrock long nails every darned day.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anne is a very pretty polish, the prettiest from the housewives collection :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yayyyy! I got all excited when I saw you had posted again. That color looks amazing, I really really want it. I wish I had been able to pre-order it. Oh well. Those glasses are great!
    :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. love the color!! come follow me and vote xxo

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's always nice to see a favourite blogger resuming posting. =)
    And Anne? *lrrbz it*

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yayyyy good to hear from you!!!

    I smashed my fingernail in my car door and got a blood blister and had to get it popped and now my left pointer nail is gonna fall off and looks disgusting!!!!! Fail!!!!

    But anyway, I'm glad to hear you are alive and happy. Miss you!

    Love the polish. And I have those glasses too! <3

    ReplyDelete

I love, love, love your comments, guys! Thanks so much for leaving them! I try to respond to questions either in the comments section or in forthcoming posts, so check back later!