Tuesday, October 26, 2010

American Apparel Berry

Nail polish nightmare number two from this week.  First was the disaster that was China Glaze Ingrid, and now it's American Apparel Berry.  When I heard AA was in trouble financially I decided that I should probably buy up all of their polishes.  I got Berry when I bought Hunter and...I think Palm Springs (3 polishes for $15...you guys know the drill).  Berry is a nice, safe color.  A beautiful, deep, cool-toned red.  Riiiiiight up my alley.  I put it on the night before last, let it dry completely, did a little homework, then got in the shower.  What'd it look like when I got out of the shower?  Let me show you.


Here's my left hand, the one I normally show you.  Do you...do you see those chips?  DO YOU SEE THEM?  Particularly on my index and ring fingers.  I couldn't believe it.




For aesthetics' sake, here is my right hand.  But as you can see, there is major tipwear.  MAJOR TIPWEAR.  After two hours!  I know I took a shower, but my nails were dry!  They were dry, I swear! What the hell, American Apparel?  I use the same base and topcoats that I always use, so that's no excuse.  This has never happened to me with an AA before.


Berry just happened to match the sweater dress I was wearing yesterday.  I love me a sweater dress.  People have often told me that they could never dress the way I do every day (dresses and tights always, until lately when I added jeans to the mix--scandal!) but sweater dresses are like pajamas.  This one was from H&M and I got it for $34.95.  I've shown you this belt before, also from H&M, $12.95.

Back to the polish.  I love the color of Berry.  I absolutely adore it.  The formula was, of course, flawless.  Looking at the pictures on the macro setting I realize that I could have used a third coat, but I think that if I wasn't scrutinizing my own nails two coats would be just fine.  I'm sad this chipped so fast because I would have kept it on for at least a few days.  Pout.  Alright, I'm going to remove Berry and chose another polish.  This next one better not suck.  I'm getting disheartened.

8 comments:

  1. Too bad about the chips, but it does look fantastic with the sweater dress!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So surprised you had problems with this one! I wore this just last week and it lasted me a good 3 days with minimal tipwear...maybe you got a bad bottle?

    http://vavavarnish.blogspot.com/2010/10/berry.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aw man, that sucks with the wear time because that polish is gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was surprised I had problems with this one too. AA is always so awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  5. OMFG I love your sweater dress and that belt. WANTTTTTT You make me want to spend money and I love/hate you for it! <3

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hahaha, Kelseeeeaaaa. The sweater dress came in four different colors. The belt has been a dear friend to me but is now too big, sadly. I love me some metal studs.

    ReplyDelete
  7. i'm so glad i'm not the only freak who had AA polish chip in a ridiculous amount of time. everyone raved about it. the colors are great, yes, but the formula is horrid.

    ReplyDelete

I love, love, love your comments, guys! Thanks so much for leaving them! I try to respond to questions either in the comments section or in forthcoming posts, so check back later!