Wednesday, October 27, 2010

China Glaze Hey Doll

I read a lot of reviews about Vintage Vixen before I went out and bought a few.  Most reviews I read said unfavorable things about Hey Doll, a metallic-y shimmer-y dusty rose.  But I got it anyway.  I couldn't resist.  My boyfriend calls me doll, you see, and has since he met me.  Even though I'm not a huge pink fanatic I had to have this one just for the name.






So here she is.  And you know what?  I actually really like it.  The color is interesting, kind of a golden rosy thing.  While it does look a bit dated, perhaps a little 80s, I still think it looks nice on me.  I'm glad I have it.  And the name is adorable and makes me smile when I think about it.  Aaaaanyway, the formula was very nice on Hey Doll, two coats shown here.  And sorry for the tipwear.  I've been wearing this one for a few days now.  So what do you guys think?  Too dated for you?  You like it?  Spill please.

To end I'll show you the giant pile of papers I'm trying to sift through for my methodology research.


Plus one Gilmore Girls season (three, my favorite), a Netflix which I must remember to send off today (the last disc of season three of Dexter).  I feel as if I am drowning in literature.  Perhaps I need a better organizational system.  We'll see.

Okay, that's all for now.  I'll talk to you all soon.

9 comments:

  1. Good luck on your project! I think the polish looks fab on you :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like it! Perfect blend of blush, peach and pink shimmer!

    ReplyDelete
  3. There is so much more to this polish than 'pink'. I actually have it slotted as a neutral because of the definite fall vibe it has with the bronze-y, root beer-ish sparkle thing going on. It looks like more of a rosy, golden-ish, mid-toned brown against my pale, neutral skin. I also love it much more than I thought I would. It may become only my 6th ever backed up polish.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like it more than I thought I would too, Sandi, but probably not enough for a back-up bottle. I only have back-ups of two polishes. Prestigious honors.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You've probably heard, but EndNote is a fabulous program for organizing research papers, although it takes a little tinkering to get used to. If you still like paper copies for reading, I have a friend who labels each paper with a number, then tags her references in EndNote with that number. She keeps all the paper copies in file folders in order (ie #1-10, 11-20, etc) so they are at hand if she wants to look at them.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've used EndNote before but not since undergrad. I actually had kind of forgotten about it. Thanks for the reminder, terrenity.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love this China Glaze color and I must say I really like your blog, I just found it and went many many pages back, we seem to have similar taste in polishes, and I love your funny glasses, on my blog roll as of now :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gilmore Girls is my favorite, so much I own the entire collection. Hellu? pregnant @16? been there :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I bought hey doll for the same reason, and I love it too : )

    ReplyDelete

I love, love, love your comments, guys! Thanks so much for leaving them! I try to respond to questions either in the comments section or in forthcoming posts, so check back later!