Monday, October 25, 2010

China Glaze Ingrid

It's Monday.  It's Monday and I don't want to get out of bed.  It's Monday and I don't want to go to school. It's Monday and my nails look awful.  And I'm going to show them to you now.  I never had my camera on me when I remembered to take pictures, so these ones you're about to see are from my iPhone.  And from inside a Starbucks.






So here it is.  Ingrid.  And I hate it.  It's a shame, too, because this is the color I was looking forward to the most out of my fall polish purchases.  On other people I think it does look "greige," but on me I felt like it just looked brown.  A poo brown.  A gross poo brown.  People kept asking me what I had on my nails, though, so maybe it's not as bad as I think it is.  When I put it on and didn't like it I thought I would give it a chance.  So I wore it until it chipped (four days) and the color never grew on me.  

As for the positive, the formula was really nice.  The brush was a little weird, though.  It kind of reminded me of a Rescue Beauty Lounge brush in the way it fanned out at the end without putting any pressure on it.  Does that make sense?  Probably not.  Anyway, I didn't have any problems with it.  Two coats, dried to a high shine, done.  My mom liked this polish on me too so I told her she could use it.  She came over for dinner last night and I couldn't believe how terrible Ingrid looked on her.  She said she only kept it on so that I could see it and she wanted to take it off right away.  It looked like poo on her too.  How sad!

I was so looking forward to Ingrid.  I think it would look better on someone with darker skin, like my friend Amber.  Oh well.  I'll try to post tomorrow, too.  I have a few things I need to get my mind off of, so maybe blogging will help.  Hope everyone's well.

9 comments:

  1. Ugh, I hate it when a polish is that disappointing. I'm currently wearing Demure Vixen and can't decide if I like it or not! Hope the rest of your week gets better!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I absolutely adore Demure Vixen. Maybe I'll put that one on...

    ReplyDelete
  3. bummer that you don't like it! that's the worst.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dammit. I ordered this and I'm not sure why I did that when I really wanted Camel. What kind of fool am I?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I still haven't gotten around to putting Ingrid on since I saw you. I'm polish-free at the moment and have no idea when I'll get some time to put any on. Well, I guess I have time now. But I'm on the internets, so ... nope.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I could not agree more. Ingrid looks just beautiful in the bottle with the gold shimmer, but on the nails it dries much darker! I also have very light skin so I guess it could be the issue.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm not gonna rant about Ingrid, I just stopped by to tell you how great your handwritting is. =)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I hear you! I got Ingrid hoping for a greige-y color, but got sparkly poop brown. :) I've worn it twice and like it more each time, but can't seem to keep RBL Anne off my fingers for now.

    ReplyDelete

I love, love, love your comments, guys! Thanks so much for leaving them! I try to respond to questions either in the comments section or in forthcoming posts, so check back later!