Monday, October 04, 2010

Sally Hansen Xtreme Wear Concrete

Good morning, everyone!  I've got approximately an hour before I have to get my butt out the door for a lecture, so I'm going to use that time to show you the polish that has rarely left my fingers during the past five or so weeks.  First, though, let me sadly say that Anne didn't hold up very well.  I'm still willing to give it the benefit of the doubt by saying that to be fair I didn't use Rescue Beauty Lounge base or top coat (because I refuse to pay $18 for either).  I used my HG Orly Bonder as a base and Out the Door as a top.  Anne lasted less than three days without chipping.  Sigh.  Oh well.  It's still an undeniably gorgeous color for fall.


Before I show you pictures let me preface by saying a couple things (excuses!):  thing the first, the light outside is horrible.  Ohio is already falling into what I like to call nuclear winter.  I love fall, but it's such a sharp dividing line between seasons; ie, two Fridays ago it was literally 94 degrees.  Last Friday it was 52 or something like that.  So, bad light.  Thing the second, my cuticles are really dry because I haven't really been taking care of them.  And thing the third, one of the images is blurry but it's a good representation of the color so I'm including it.





I swear ro you that my cuticles do not look that bad in real life.  It's just the macro setting.  D:  Aaaaaanyway, this is one of the new(ish) Sally Hansen Xtreme Wear polishes.  It's my current favorite.  I keep putting it on, leaving it there for a week, then wearing something else for like a day, and then putting Concrete back on.  I just can't help myself.  This polish is a little chameleon, too.  Sometimes, like in the second [blurry] picture, it looks like a taupe-putty color.  Sometimes, like in the third and first pictures, it looks quite purple.  It's just neutral enough to not look decidedly purple, though.  I love it.    The application on this little guy is fine.  It has the same issue that I've noticed with other Xtreme Wears, and that's that the polish thickens the longer you've got the bottle open.  My point?  Work quickly and you'll be fine.  It requires two coats and the dry time is fast.  It wears like iron.  I.  Love.  This.  Polish.  

I'll probably remove it either tonight or tomorrow and put on one of the new Sally Hansen Salons.  I was in Walgreens yesterday and ran across a full display of them.  Based on my affinity for all things olive green I'm sure you guys can guess which one I chose.  I also bought a back-up bottle of Concrete because I'm not sure whether or not these new Xtreme Wears will become permanent like some of the LEs have.  Better to be safe than sorry, especially when they only cost about $2 and you adore the color as much as I certainly do.

For fun, here's the view off of my balcony.


Reminds me of Rear Window.


I didn't end up getting my couch last week because it wouldn't fit up the stairs.  That's right.  I gave the salesman MEASUREMENTS of my apartment and its stairs and he ASSURED me that it would fit.  What a creepster.  I was so upset.  This Thursday is take two; I painstakingly picked out a [smaller] couch this weekend.  Thursday I will FINALLY have somewhere to sit and I'm so excited.  I will definitely be taking and posting pictures of my living room come Thursday.  This week is going to be so relaxing compared to last week.  Last week I had hundreds of pages of reading plus a paper due Friday.  This week my Friday class is cancelled, we're having a debate in my Wednesday seminar (which equals little to no reading) and my graduate discussion for my other class has been cancelled.  I finally feel like I can take a few breaths.  I'm also kitty-sitting for my parents this weekend so I'll get to spend the weekend at home, blissfully snuggly under a fuzzy blanket.  I'm looking forward to it.

Alright guys, time for me to get dressed!  I'll talk to you all soon, I promise.

8 comments:

  1. This color looks amazing on you and I am so impressed with the wear time on it. Too bad about Anne...I only wear polish for two days max, but was hoping to get my mom some RBLs at the November sale...and I wanted to tell her that they are chip-resistant (cause that is her major beef with np), but now I am unsure. I guess I'll have to do a wear test...or spring for the base and top coat. Boo.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How beautiful. That manicure is really what I would call chic ;) I love the shade and the tint of lilac!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That color is very Kelsea =)

    So glad you're posting again! <3

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow it really does remind me of Rear Window which is fantastic.

    We're going through the same weather here in CT. It's murder on the sinuses.

    I love this color and your cuticles are fine!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ooh I love this! Sally Hansen is probably my one favourite brands of drugstore nail polish.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I saw Concrete here first last week and today I found it at a random Rite Aid. I too am in LOOOOOVE. Thanks for showing this off!

    ReplyDelete

I love, love, love your comments, guys! Thanks so much for leaving them! I try to respond to questions either in the comments section or in forthcoming posts, so check back later!