Saturday, November 06, 2010

American Apparel Palm Springs

Sadly my cuticles are really, really dry and slightly stained from China Glaze Phat Santa, which I wore for five days without it chipping.  I used a lot of cotton balls and a bit of Crest 3D White, and my cuticles are still a little stained.  Also a bit of fuzz got onto my polish on the middle finger of my left hand and left a little bump on the surface.  That pisses me off, but I'm showing you pictures anyway.




Here's American Apparel Palm Springs.  I don't even know how to describe this color.  A pale peach, maybe?  Kind of weird and fleshy-looking.  I really like it, actually.  It applied very nicely for such a light pastel, in two coats.  The formula was a little thick, but not unworkable.  I might consider thinning it for future use.  Why did I choose this polish today?  Because of this.


I don't know if you can tell, but those are big, fat flakes of snow falling out of the motherfucking sky.  Sometimes the first snow of the year (which was actually last night) makes me giddy, but not this year.  I remember all too well the depths of the last nuclear winter.  We had snow well into April.  Sigh.  So it begins.  I thought a polish called Palm Springs might cheer me up.  Also...


I wanted something to complement this dress that I got last weekend.  I love it.  My friend told me that I look like Tiffani Amber Thiesson (of Saved by the Bell Kelly Kapowski fame) in it.  That makes sense.  The print is very 90s and I was also wearing motorcycle boots with it on Wednesday.  That's right.  I got this dress last Saturday and I've worn it twice this week.  That, my friends, is love.  It's from Urban Outfitters and it was something like $48.  Worth it (because I had $50 in Visa giftcards!).

That's all for today.  I'm about to head home to Pleasantville to hang out with my mom.  It has actually been a productive day.  I fell asleep on the couch among my Antwerp research last night because I wasn't feeling well.  Then I woke up, showered, did more Antwerp research...even wrote an article critique!  I feel like I might actually get stuff done this weekend.  I hope you guys have great days...and if you have snow too, my condolences.  Solidarity, midwesterners.  Solidarity. 

8 comments:

  1. Hmm it looks a lot like the weather in Sweden! We saw some snow like a month ago but now it's been raing for three weeks straight. Yuck. Antwerp as in the city or something else?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like Crayola Crayon Peach. I had a hell of a time getting Phat Santa off of my skin. Some still hanging on after 2 rounds of remover and 1 round of alcohol. Got my Zoya BOGO order in today, and chipped Phat Santa opening the box. Freja is on my nails now. love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Snow....that's harsh. As another Swede I thought our weather would be more winter-y than yours but maybe we're buffered by the Golf stream... It's dark though...but I love it, lighting candles and staying in having anime marathons with the cats beside me on the couch <3 Palm Springs looks good on you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the dress, and love the nail color to compliment it! So adorable and chic. =)

    ReplyDelete

I love, love, love your comments, guys! Thanks so much for leaving them! I try to respond to questions either in the comments section or in forthcoming posts, so check back later!