Thursday, November 04, 2010

Low Point

I don't have a polish to show you today.  I'm still wearing China Glaze Phat Santa and it's holding up incredibly well.  I've had it on since Monday night and I've got no chips and no tipwear.  I've been typing a lot and taking a lot of baths, and yet it's still holding up.  This polish is magic.

I had a pretty bad day today.  First of all, I've had a constant headache since Tuesday morning.  I've tried everything to get rid of it.  Tylenol, Ibuprofen, lying in the dark with my eyes closed, hot baths, caffeine, going to bed earlier...nothing helped.  I have a lot of other stuff on my mind right now, so I thought I might share some pictures of a really nice day I had a couple weeks ago.

It was a really perfect fall day so my boyfriend and I went to the Garfield Monument at a cemetery near where I live.  If you go up to the top you can see all of Cleveland and the lake.  It's really nice.


See?  There's my little city.  It was windy that day.


See that building on the right in the middleground that kind of looks like a crushed aluminum can?  That's Frank Gehry's Peter B. Lewis building.  It's on the Case Western Reserve University campus, which is where I go to school.  The Cleveland Museum of Art is right near there too, but you can't see it in this picture.


And here's me.  Although I'm not smiling, trust me, I was happy.

That's all.  I thought posting these and reliving that afternoon a little bit might help me cheer up.  I hope you guys are doing well.  I'm planning on changing my polish sometime soon, so I'll be back with something new for you all to look at in the very near future.

8 comments:

  1. You look so chic in that coat! (hence the blog name? lol) Nice pics. Hope you feel better, darling!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lovely day! Days like that really remind us of the simple and beautiful things in life =).

    I hope you feel better--- and can find a way to be productive in a relaxing way!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope that your head feels better, soon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The only thing that helps when I have a really bad headache is codeine. It makes some people loopy, but it's a painkiller and numbs my headaches.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I was having blazingly bad headaches this last week too... when my husband suggested that it might be hormonal. Like you, I too had tried everything for over a week. He went to the healthfood store and picked up some PMS-type supplements. I took *1* and my headache was gone within the hour. Maybe you're deficient of something, or need some sort of boost? Hope you feel better.

    ReplyDelete

I love, love, love your comments, guys! Thanks so much for leaving them! I try to respond to questions either in the comments section or in forthcoming posts, so check back later!