Monday, November 29, 2010

Sally Hansen Xtreme Wear Grey Area

Thanks for all the birthday wishes the other day, everyone. Greatly appreciated. My birthday was nice and uneventful. I gave a presentation on the Antwerp sixteenth century open art market in my Northern Renaissance class (on which I got an A, thankyouverymuch) and then I drove home to spend the rest of the day with my family and boyfriend. There was cake. There were presents. There was Dexter. Most importantly, there were cuddles.


The other day I went to Ulta because I got my little reward certificate thingy and I was planning on picking up Essie Smokin' Hot for freesies. But they were out of most of the Essie winter collection. I walked off in a huff, but before I left I decided to check on the seasonal drug store type stuff. And what did I find? New Xtreme Wears. Win.








OH HELLO GORGEOUS. This is Grey Area. It's oh, so purdy. Funnily enough, it's a color in kind of the same vein as Essie Smokin' Hot, a nice gray with noticeable purple undertones, especially in the shade. I love this. Remember my obsession with Sally Hansen Xtreme Wear Concrete? Grey Area is like Concrete's sexy, grown-up, vampy sister. I want a back-up of this immediately. As with all Xtreme Wears I've tried, this one went on really easily in only two coats. The formula was good and I love the brush on these. Also, they're only $2.50. How can you beat that? Good job, Sally Hansen. You've kept my affection and earned my accolades once again.

And another thing to share with you guys. What is this precious little orb?


I was at Walgreen's today picking up a few things and I noticed these really cute lip balms with this colorful spherical packaging. I'm a sucker for adorable packaging and good marketing, so I picked one of them up. This is an EOS Smooth Sphere lip balm in honeysuckle honeydew. The balm comes in a few other scents: sweet mint, medicated tangerine, summer fruit and lemon drop (SPF 15). I got the honeysuckle one because this offensive lime green hue is actually my favorite color. True story. Anyway, I love this lip balm. Don't let the cutesy packaging fool you: this is a great product. The balm goes on smooth, feels light, isn't sticky, and smells awesome. My lips feel super hydrated.



The top screws off to reveal the balm bump.



In order to apply the product you just rub it on your lips straight from the sphere.



Isn't it cute? The best part? It was only $3.76. I will be purchasing all of these over the course of the next couple weeks, I'm sure. I can't wait to have a little rainbow of Smooth Spheres at my disposal.

Anyway, I just thought I'd share that I love this lip balm. Winter is a tough time for us midwesterners. I'm always looking for something to keep my lips from chapping. My usual go-to is Blistex Lip Medex, the kind in the little blue tub. These Smooth Spheres will be a nice cute change of pace.

Okay, it's time for me to be a grad student now. Papers papers, writing writing, reading reading. Countdown to December 11th, when I'll be free from this first semester. Thanks for reading, everyone.

15 comments:

  1. Omfg I heart that color of green and I just bought that EOS lip balm yesterday! Creepy. Congrats on your A and glad you had a happy birthdayyyy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Belated Birthday and congrats on the A! Well done indeed!

    I think Grey Area looks simply beautiful, especially on your skintone. I've heard a lot of good things about the EOS lipbalms, but I haven't gotten round to getting one yet. They sound so lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy birthday, belatedly!

    Grey Area looks great; I've not seen that one around here yet.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dude, I think I need to try this lip balm. I'm a lip balm fanatic.

    ReplyDelete
  5. i'd love to try that lipbalm. have heard nice things about it

    ReplyDelete
  6. If you like the eos lip balms you should go to CVS this week. They don't have a sign or anything, but mine rang up at $2.99 and gave me $2.99 back in extra bucks!

    ...I can't believe there are more Xtreme Wears for me to try to track down. ;_;

    ReplyDelete
  7. @Hana: ditto! I have spent the last week tracking down (and finding!!) ALL of my drugstore lemmings. I've seriously spent wayyyyy too much money. And then this!!! MUST HAVE MUST HAVE

    ReplyDelete
  8. I like Ginger + Liz's Grey Area more. The Ginger + Liz shade is a better fit for the name. Shame on Sally Hansen for copy catting a name!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Another vote for Grey Area--Love it! Glad I found your blog. I wear my nails short--on purpose and most ladies think I'm crazy when I tell the manicurist to cut my nails down.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Anonymous, the term "gray area" is a cliche, so I don't really think anyone was "copy-catting" a name...

    ReplyDelete
  11. I swear all the Anon hate messages I read on blogs that then praise Ginger + Liz are either Ginger or Liz...oh I'm sorry IN MY OPINION it's Ginger or Liz.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Alright, let's not start this G+L stuff again. I don't want my blog to be a venue for people to air hate. Kthx.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I bought Grey area a few weeks ago and I LOVE IT! It's amazing :)
    The EOS balms are my go-to lip balm buddies, I have all of them and they are amazingly wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I just bought gray area tonight, and ALMOST got EOS! It was the summerfruit kind,so cute! Winter blues are beaten by this fabulous buy of nailpolish (: stays put for days!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I believe the green one is also 95% organic. It's amazing!

    ReplyDelete

I love, love, love your comments, guys! Thanks so much for leaving them! I try to respond to questions either in the comments section or in forthcoming posts, so check back later!