Friday, December 24, 2010

Dazzled By Party Hearty

Yesterday at Coffee Inc. was BUH-NAH-NUHS.  The coffee shop is right across from this giant shopping center, Pleasantville Park, and people come from all over the Cleveland-y area to go spend their money there.  The last minute shoppers were out in hordes yesterday and they all wanted peppermint mochas and eggnog lattes.  I didn't have a minute to sit down or even pee, but I did make like $60 in tips which is pretty nice.  And unusual.  Anyway, after work all I wanted was Steffie time.  Last night Steffie time consisted of:  a.)  a very long, very hot bath  b.)  Chinese food  c.)  nail time  d.)  Gilmore Girls.  Here's how my holiday nails turned out.






Two coats OPI Dazzled By Gold, which I wore exactly a month ago on my birthday, and one coat of China Glaze Party Hearty from the holiday set.  Dude, I don't know how China Glaze is planning on topping the 2010 holiday collection next year, but someone had better be working on that now.  This collection was probably my favorite of the entire year.  Isn't that crazy?  I loved it.  Dazzled By Gold is one of my favorite ever polishes.  I actually named it my favorite polish of 2009 around this time last year.  I don't know why it's so awesome.  It's just so sparkly and warm-looking.  And it doesn't clash with my skintone.

Well, it's Christmas Eve.  I don't ascribe to any religion at all, but my parents are Lutheran and I was raised as such.  I've always liked Christmas.  It seems like everyone's just a little nicer to each other, at least for a couple days.  I won't be able to post tomorrow because of Christmastime festivities (family breakfast!  I love breakfast) so I hope that everyone has or has had a good holidaytime.  Be safe in your travels, be nice to Santa, and stay calm around insane family.  This often requires deep breaths, and, let's face it, sparkly nails.  


Happy holidays, everyone!  Oh, and because I know someone will ask, the lipstick is Maybelline Color Sensational in Red Revolution :)

If you want to arrange it
This world you can change it
If we could somehow make this Christmas Day last
By helping a neighbor
Or even a stranger
To know who needs help
You need only just ask

<3

11 comments:

  1. Sounds like a lot of tips! Well done!
    Yeah, Party Heart is ...er, bu nah nuz! To coin a phrase.

    MC to you and yours!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute manicure and Merry Christmas to you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Merry Christmas! We have VERY similar manis! I went with OPI- Bling Dynasty under Party Hearty. I love the gold! I planned this manicure for Christmas as soon as I saw Party Hearty for the first time, months ago. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a pretty, festive mani! I always really enjoy your blog. Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Merry Christmas Steff!!!
    Your mani looks great. I wish I had been able to get Party Hearty. I did get Phat Santa and Peace On Earth though [: Well they should be getting here any minute. Hah.

    <33

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks everyone, and Happy Christmas :)

    Tierney, I got my Party Hearty in the Party Hearty set with Jolly Holly and Phat Santa. Maybe they still have some of them around at Sally's or Ulta...?

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love that every other nailpolish-blogger seems to have worn Party Hearty for Christmas this year (myself included). That's good PR.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you and Happy Holidays to you too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. 8ty8.com has this collection available. Loving the color. Gilmore Girls is my favorite, had to buy the entire collection...after all I too had a kid at 16 and have a weird cool relationship with him :)
    Happy Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hahaha, my me-time lately consists of nails and Gilmore Girls too. :D

    ReplyDelete

I love, love, love your comments, guys! Thanks so much for leaving them! I try to respond to questions either in the comments section or in forthcoming posts, so check back later!