Monday, December 20, 2010

OPI Ali's Big Break

Sorry for the lengthy absence. A few days after school ended I started working back at Coffee Inc. I forgot that it wreaks havoc on my hands. When I wasn't in school I would do my nails every day, but I just can't keep up with that schedule right now. I wore Sally Hansen Concrete, which I showed you here, for over a week while I was working. It was chipped and gross by Wednesday. By last night I just couldn't take it anymore. I had to take it off and replace it with something.




I'm deeply sorry for the state of my cuticles. As I said, the harsh way I treat my hands at my job coupled with the winter weather makes them look...gross. And dry. So anyway, this is Ali's Big Break from OPI's Burlesque collection. This was an early birthday gift to me from my friend Suzy, who I actually know from Coffee Inc. Thanks Suzy! Ali's Big Break is a really nice mid-toned red jelly with gold flecks of glitter. This manicure was definitely a rush job. This was two coats, but it could have perhaps used three. I dunno, I think it looks nice.

I thought I'd also let you guys know about a product I'm kind of obsessed with lately. I saw a review of the Milani Lip Flash Full Coverage Shimmer Gloss Pencils (what a mouthful) on Vampy Varnish last week, and I had been noticing them at CVS for a while now. So I bought two to try out. I definitely recommend them. I got two of the most offensively colored ones, Hot Flash, a cool-toned metallic red, and Flash Light, a coral shimmer. I wore both of them to work, and I got A LOT of compliments from men on Flash Light. One crazy man complimented Hot Flash (the red) by creepily saying, "You have a pretty red mouth." Oh, the public. Oh, the coffee-drinking-white-chocolate-loving public. Anyway, here's a picture of me wearing the coral, Flash Light.


I like to think that I can carry off bright colors pretty well, and I love the way this looks on me. I love these pencils because they're really easy to apply and they feel like wearing a matte lipstick. They do fade, but they fade evenly so they don't look stupid when they're wearing off. I dunno, I'm just really into these. I definitely want a couple more. If you're into lip products, take my advice and get thee to CVS. They're about $7 and worth every penny.

That's all for now. I'm going to have to make a post all about my return to work, because it has been ridiculous. Oh, and for all the bitching and moaning I did about school, everything turned out pretty well. Thanks for reading if you have been!

8 comments:

  1. My cuticles are horrible too but it's okay because its winter. They will get back to normal. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. your hands & cuticles don't look bad at all. i'm waiting for my fingers to crack like they normally do this time of year.

    great color!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your cuticles don't look bad! Mine look far worse right now

    ReplyDelete
  4. That coral looks nice on you! And that's a neat red...it didn't catch my eye before, but your pictures make me want it now haha!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The bright colors look great on you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. That lip pencil thing looks awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh Steph - so long time no talk, no comment, no read. How have you been? It's good to read you again.

    If I had to wear only one color of polish for the rest of my life, that'd be red. This OPI is rather lovely but I haven't bought anything from OPI lately. Last stuff I bought was from the Honk Kong collection. I try not to buy too much red because they all basically are brothers ans sisters and dupe but it seems I can't help it.

    And you know, your cuticles at your bad are almost mine at my best (hand cream everyday and dishes with gloves). :D

    ReplyDelete

I love, love, love your comments, guys! Thanks so much for leaving them! I try to respond to questions either in the comments section or in forthcoming posts, so check back later!