Wednesday, December 08, 2010

Rescue Beauty Lounge Dead Calm

I've been wearing Dead Calm since Monday evening.  My presentation was the next day and so I chose my nail color based on name.  Dead Calm had been on my list of lemmings ever since I saw it on The Polish Addict a couple years ago.  When I heard there would be another sale it was number one on my list. I busted it out while I was watching a Frank Lloyd Wright documentary on Netflix.



This is a perfect blue polish.  I don't even like wearing blue polishes, but I feel like I could wear this one forever.  I've heard a lot of people say that it has perfect one-coat application.  It didn't for me.  I feel like I'm pretty good at applying nail polish by now, so I don't want to say, "maybe if I had been more careful I could have gotten away with one coat."  I was pretty careful, and I still needed two on most nails to cover bald patches.  That's not to say that this didn't apply beautifully.  It definitely did.  What you see in the pictures is two coats of Dead Calm and one coat of Gelous.  I don't know why I used Gelous.  I ended up getting sheet marks on my right hand, but the polish is so dark that it's barely noticeable.  I think I'll keep this on for a little while longer.


Here's a picture I took out my kitchen window.  This morning when I got out of bed and meandered to the coffee pot I looked out the window and thought, oh how pretty.  Look at the little flakes of snow.  As the day wore on, however, the snow got worse and worse.  Big fat flakes are still falling now.  I haven't gone grocery shopping in...well, a while, so I know I'll have to brave the outdoors to get myself something.  Plus I'm out of honey.  And peppermint mocha creamer (which is, by the way, possibly the best invention of all time).  

I can't seem to make myself finish my paper.  I finished a take-home final this morning and now all I have left to do is my methodology paper, but...ugh.  I'm so sick of looking at it.  It's over the page limit already.  I just printed it out to edit it and it's quite a weighty little tome.  I think I'll take a break now and watch the snow.  It hasn't lost its novelty yet.

10 comments:

  1. Congrats on your presentation! Pretty polish and pretty snow!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Did you use a the Gelous as a top coat? Do you have a UV light at home to sure it or can it dry on it's own?

    I love your blog btw!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So glad you survived. Even though the snow it's pretty I got tired of it last winter. And I though it was super cold here!!
    I got to stop looking a your blog, I can't afford buying more nail polishes. This one is a winner for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous, I did use Gelous as a top coat. I don't have a UV light, I just let it dry. It took forever, though. I don't know why I used it. I think it was sitting next to me and I just grabbed it. I've heard it's a good method for smoothing out bumpy glitters, though. One coat of Gelous over glitter, and then one coat of Seche Vite to ensure a dry-time that's not glacial.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Saw that you were at 666 followers, so I decided to follow you so you wouldn't have bad luck. Sorry, I'm kinda superstitious like that :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love this color <3 Dark blues are so lovely on nails!
    Congratz on your presentation .. and I hope you found the motivation for finishing that paper. I've got some exams this weekend and i'm scared as hell :(
    Alexa

    http://imstillbreathing-manequin.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've been waiting for you to post again so I can ask you for a HUGE favor. Ok maybe not that huge. I currently have acrylics and I'm thinking of taking them off to have my natural nails. Could you PLEASE do a post on how you get your nails ready for color (basic mani, base, file, soak, etc)? Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congrats! That's a gorgeous, gorgeous blue! And I love the snow :)

    ReplyDelete

I love, love, love your comments, guys! Thanks so much for leaving them! I try to respond to questions either in the comments section or in forthcoming posts, so check back later!