Thursday, December 02, 2010

Rescue Beauty Lounge Om

Holy shitballs, it's December.  And November went...where?


Oh hey friends.  I have a presentation to give next Tuesday about which I am freaking the balls out.  It's on the methodology paper that I'm currently writing about an artist named Eastman Johnson.  I should have started writing sooner.  I'm 14 pages in and I still haven't even gotten to the meat of the argument.  Oh, and did I mention I'm FREAKING OUT?  Why am I not writing now, you ask?  Well, I am.  This bloggy will auto-post.  As you read this I'm probably either sitting in the library trying to figure out a way to inwardly scream that won't attract attention OR I'm sitting on my bed in my reindeer PJs with about a million papers spread out around me, outwardly screaming.  Also, yesterday I pitched my idea for an exhibition in my museum studies class.  My professor intimated that there would probably be some museum people at the presentations but refused to tell us who was showing up.  A lot of people did.  The director of special exhibitions, the American curator, some conservators, a few professors...it was really intimidating.  


My pitch went fine, but I was really nervous beforehand.  So I did my nails.  And I chose an RBL from my birthday haul, Om.  The reason why I picked this one should be obvious--the name.  It was supposed to relax me.





Sweet grilled cheesus, my cuticles do not look that ravaged in real life.  Aaaaanyway, here's the description of Om from the RBL website:  "You know that incredibly rosy golden glow you get when you're on a beach looking at a stunning sunset? This is that color."  Again, a description that perfectly encapsulates the nature of this color.  A rosy glow.  An office appropriate nude.  Dusty pinky.  

But I don't like it.  I can honestly say that this is the first Rescue Beauty Lounge polish I've ever used in which I've been disappointed.  First, the formula wasn't what I expect from these polishes.  It didn't go on smoothly.  After two coats I could see my nail line, but I was too lazy to do a third.  I also don't think that the color suits me, which is my own fault.  I got three compliments on this polish today, but I'm still not a fan.  I really like using nude-ish colors on my toes, though, so that's probably how I'll use Om from now on.  Right now I've got OPI Skinny Dip'n in Lake Michg'n on my toes and I love it, despite its stupid name.

Do I regret buying Om?  No.  Would I regret having bought it if it had been its regular price of $18?  Absolutely.  I don't know why, I just don't like it.  Far from calming me down, Om kind of pissed me off.  I'll be keeping it on for the next couple days simply because I'll be too busy and stressed to change it, but I will resent it.  Grr.

Oh, by the way, guess what's tonight?  The Cavs-Heat game.  Now, I'm not much for basketball but the subject of LeBron James gets me really upset (as it would any Clevelander).  As much as I hate the term "Believeland" I have to say...it's so perfectly applicable.

image credit:  
http://i252.photobucket.com/albums/hh23/srtrip08/Jon%20S%20pics/believeland1.jpg

So, go Cavs.  Kick some Miami ass.  I'll be watching (even though I should be writing!).

10 comments:

  1. Lol we never agree on RBLs. This is one I really love on you. I may have to get it. I, on the otherhand, HATED starfish patrick on me. redheads and corals are bad news. Why didn't I remember that.
    Good luck hun you'll do great

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the color in natural light, but I'm not fond of it in the artificial light. That's too bad. :/

    Aha! My boyfriend and I were talking earlier about a basketball game that he desperately wants to watch. This is definitely the one. No WONDER he wants to come over and crash in front of the big screen. :) I hope that the Cavs win tonight, too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I totally felt the same way about Om too! It was so weird.

    And good luck on the paper! *Smooch*

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, the hubs is banging something in the bedroom so I'm assuming he is watching the game. He did not like the way that LeBron left, even though he is a Knicks fan.
    Hope all goes well with your paper. BTW, how's your Mom doing?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi! First time commenter here. I too am in the Cleve (Lakewood) and I too am wearing Om on my nails!! I agree with your general reaction... It's just kind of "meh" on me. oh well. Glad I didn't pay full price bur of course not going to throw it away! Hope your momma is doing well, and best of luck on your paper!!

    Rachel

    PS-LeBron is a d-bag.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nina, my mom is doing better. I haven't seen her in a couple days because I'm immersed in my finals week(s). I'll update on that soon.

    Rachel, another Clevelander! I'm from reeaaally near Lakewood on the west side. But now I live in Cleveland Heights. LeBron is the biggest d-bag.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm from Akron but currently in Australia and STILL managed to watch the game...and subsequently watched us get our asses handed to us.

    May have upset some people in the hotel by chanting along with the crowd: "Akron hates you! Akron hates you!"

    Oh well.

    Hope you're not too hoarse from screaming over your paper!

    XO

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm not really a fan of nudie, well mannered pinks, but I have to say that I really like that on you (although the last picture is caca looking). Maybe it will grow on you?

    ReplyDelete
  9. oh my goodness! i've been reading your blog, never realized your from OHIO! i am about 30 mins west of cleveland! such a small world! love that color too!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I grew up thirty minutes southwest of Cleveland :)

    ReplyDelete

I love, love, love your comments, guys! Thanks so much for leaving them! I try to respond to questions either in the comments section or in forthcoming posts, so check back later!