Sunday, December 05, 2010

Wet n Wild Prancer

I wanted something quick, easy and fast-drying last night.  Even though I didn't love Om I wore it for a few days simply because I'm low on time.  But when it chipped, I couldn't handle it anymore.  Last night at 2 in the morning I decided I needed to take a break from writing (prose begins to suffer at 2am; who would have guessed?) and to take an hour or so for myself.  I settled into bed with a few bottles of nail polish and an episode of Top Gear.  


I chose to use Color Club Dark Romance, which is a mini that came in the Dark Romance Mini Matte collection.  It's black and it dries satin, but it still dries just as quickly as a normal matte would.  Win.  I didn't take a picture of that one on its own.  If you want to see it, check out Scrangie's review of the collection.  Then I added a coat of Wet n Wild Prancer, which is this wonderful glitter polish out for the holidays.  Round-ish and tiny red glitter suspended in a clear base.  Then I added a coat of Seche.






I love this.  It's so pretty.  The red glitter looks like embers burning through the surface of the black polish.  I found Prancer at Walgreens.  It was $1.99 and came attached to a clear Wet n Wild polish.  Dark Romance is a great option for a one-coat black.  Even if you don't like the whole satin/matte finish, you can put shiny topcoat on it and you'll be fine.  I think a good one-coat color is difficult to find.

I can see an end in sight.  I'm almost finished with my paper.  I just have to write a conclusion.  After my presentation on Tuesday I'll feel so much better about life.  It's snowing right now and I put on my Christmas music this morning while I was getting ready to go to the library, so I think I'm getting into the spirit of things.  If I can just make it to Friday without my brain imploding I'll be in the clear.  Gah, school!  Why you so hard?

10 comments:

  1. Great combo,look awesome,I love it :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lol I bought prancer just so I could dump black in it and make a fake Ruby Red Slippers. Looks great on you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I bought a couple of zoya mattes, and I really don't like them, but I finally got a bottle of seche vite! I'm going to have to try it on top of them. Love the mani!

    ReplyDelete
  4. so cute! I'm not usually a fan of glitters like this on me, but I really like this combination. I think maybe I just hate it when the glitter is silver? IDK. I wish I had a walgreens near me, they always have good stuff. Although I suppose my credit card debt is glad there isn't one. Lol

    <3

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely! It manages to look very warm and Christmas-y even though it's black!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This looks really good!
    in other news I've been on the hunt for Grey Area and even called Sally Hansen, this is a promotional color and you have to ask them to bring them in, I know you said you wanted a backup so I suggest you run to where you got it because it is IMPOSSIBLE to find now :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh wow, thanks for that tip Nina. I do want a back-up. If I find a couple more I'll send you one. I love hunting for hard-to-find drug store stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a pretty combo! It looks great on your perfect nails, as usual. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I never got the whole Lippman 'huge chunky glitters' thing but this, this I LOVE. Must buy...

    ReplyDelete
  10. this is an EXACT duplicate of Deborah Lippmann's Ruby Red Slippers. Who needs to spend $18 when you can get Wet and Wild for $2? I'm gonna find my Lippmann receipt and return that puppy!

    ReplyDelete

I love, love, love your comments, guys! Thanks so much for leaving them! I try to respond to questions either in the comments section or in forthcoming posts, so check back later!