Tuesday, January 04, 2011

American Apparel Port

I have a new American Apparel to show you today.





This is Port.  It's a vampy brownish red, and it's very nice.  It already looks a bit beat up in these pictures and I'm not sure why.  I applied it last night around 1am and I haven't done much with my hands since then, save make coffee and hold a camera.  The formula on this one wasn't as good as other American Apparel cremes.  I did three coats.  It was a bit runnier than I'm used to from AA, but it was still okay.  I can see myself wearing this one for...well, as long as it lasts.  So I wrapped my tips with both the polish and Seche.  We'll see how long it goes without chipping, shall we?  I'll report back.

When I saw Port in the store I thought it might be close to one of my favorite OPI nail polishes of all time, All A-Bordeaux the Sled from the 2009 holiday collection.  I was even planning on doing an on-nail comparison, but once I saw the bottles side-by-side I knew that wouldn't be necessary.


Port is clearly redder while All A-Bordeaux the Sled is clearly browner.  They're not as close as I thought.  Regardless, I love them both.  If you missed out on the OPI (although this one wasn't a popular color because it's so "safe") then the AA is a suitable replacement.

Today I am feeling awful emotionally and I don't know why.  I had a wonderful day yesterday.  Shopping all day with one friend and dinner with another.  All of a sudden last night the enormity of all the things I actually have to get done this week hit me and I crashed.  Then I had a very vivid dream where I confronted two people with whom I'm apparently angry.  Isn't that strange?  I woke up with a nasty headache and feeling very upset.  I don't know what my deal is.

One thing I do love though, is office supply shopping.  A new semester means new notebooks and new pens, so at least there's that.  

7 comments:

  1. Well crap, I hate you. Now I need that too. booooo.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This red/brown color is so pretty! Although I don't know if it'd look adequate on olive skin hands.. Would you suggest me to try it since my skin color isn't fair like yours?

    Thank you :)
    God bless! xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think someone with olive-toned skin could pull this color off just fine. I feel like vampies look good on everyone.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Color Club Feverish might be closer to All A Bordeaux. It's hard to tell without seeing the OPI on the nail.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love office supply shopping too! Love the colors by the way.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love office supply shopping too! It's all shiny and cool! Haha

    www.shhbaby.blogspot.com
    Mxxx

    ReplyDelete

I love, love, love your comments, guys! Thanks so much for leaving them! I try to respond to questions either in the comments section or in forthcoming posts, so check back later!