Monday, January 17, 2011

China Glaze Zombie Zest

No, that title is not a mistake.  I actually waited until January to both purchase and wear a Halloween polish.  I was at Sally's last weekend when I noticed the China Glaze Awakening collection on the clearance table.  They had two of each polish, so I grabbed a bottle of Zombie Zest for $1.99.  Pretty sweet deal.  I never saw any of these polishes in stores around Halloween-time (my favorite time!), so I'm glad I got the opportunity to see them.  And buy one.








I took so many pictures of this one.  It's difficult to capture accurately and probably even more difficult to describe.  Zombie Zest is a swampy green jelly loaded with iridescent shimmer/glitter that flashes green, blue, gold, olive...and I feel like I've seen red or orange at different angles.  China Glaze really knows how to make good jelly polishes that have a lot of depth.  After the first coat I thought this was the ugliest polish I had ever seen.  It looked waaaaay too yellow and kind of reminded me of cat vomit.  After the second coat more of the green came out, and after the third coat the effect was kind of an overall olive color.  As we all know I love olive, so I was hooked.  I love this polish.  I'm glad I got it.  And for $1.99!

I'll leave you today with a few pictures of icicles outside of my apartment.





These last two pictures are the buildings across the alley from my place.  Those are some daunting icicles.

I have a day off from class today!  Yay!  ...but I have to do mountains of reading, so I'm off to do that.  How are you guys feeling about Zombie Zest?  I know everyone wore this one around September/October, but I'm just so behind on collections.

8 comments:

  1. *sigh* i love this polish. it looks soooo pretty on everyone! if only everyone was brave enough to try it :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was never able to find this :/ It looks awesome though!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I found it completely by chance, Tierney, so maybe you will too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I LOVE this color and was so surprised, I thought for sure I would hate it...I'm so glad I decided to buy the 3 pack back in Sept cause I never would have tried it otherwise and it's now my go to fun weekend polish!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It looks so nice ! And doesn't seem to be a pain in the a** to remove like Ick-A-Bod-y...

    I should have ordered this one instead !

    accropolish.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Dude, it would suck if one of those icicles fell on your head.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I like to avoid the icicles, Helena. Unfortunately I can't avoid ice on the ground as deftly, and I took a dive down some metal stairs while I was taking out my garbage (composed of mostly coffee filters) to the dumpster last night. Curses, winter.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Whoa. Those icicles made my eyes pop a bit.

    ReplyDelete

I love, love, love your comments, guys! Thanks so much for leaving them! I try to respond to questions either in the comments section or in forthcoming posts, so check back later!