Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Nail Stickers!!!

Ahhh, look at my adorable flower nails!!


I have been hearing about these Sally Hansen nail sticker things for a while now, and one of my friends recently sent me a tantalizingly cute picture text with an image of her stickered nails.  I haven't been actively looking for these things, but while I was at one of my regional drug stores I ran across the Kiss version, Broadway Nails Nail Dress Stick-On Wraps.  Sounds kinda ghetto.  Here's the box and the contents therein.




I'm sure you guys have been hearing about these types of things ad nauseum lately, but I'm throwing my hat in the ring.  In this particular package you get 28 nail stickers of varying sizes.  You're supposed to choose the ones that best fit your nails, peel off the backing, lay them down, smooth out the bubbles, and then file off the excess.  It sounds time consuming, but I think that doing all ten of my fingers took about thirty minutes.  As I thought about it, I realized that I usually spend about thirty minutes doing my nails anyway, including dry time, so this really isn't that ridiculous, time-wise.


Here's my right hand in the process.  The entire sticker is on my middle finger.  The next step after this would be to fold over the excess and file it off with that tiny nail file you see to the right (it comes with the package).  And look, there's my naked nail!  I've never shown a picture of naked nails before.  They're not stained or anything so I don't know why I hide them.  Oh well.



And the finished product.  I don't know how long these are supposed to last.  My friend said the Sally Hansen ones purport to last ten days.  I don't know about you, but I'm kiiiiiiind of dubious.  I have to wash my hair later, so we'll see if they even hold up through one shower.  As it is, though, I absolutely love how they look.  They're so cute and girly.  I have 14 stickers left over which don't fit my nails, but I think what I'll do with them is cut them to size with manicure scissors.  I don't know if I'll end up ever doing all ten fingers again, but I think it would look really cute to do all of my nails a vampy color and then accent the ring fingers with the stickers.  That way it was $5.49 well-spent, no?

Edit:  I've taken a shower and washed my hands several times and the stickers are still fine.  No lifting or peeling that wasn't already present when I got in the shower due to application failure on my part.  I just wanted to let you all know that!

So what do you guys think about this?  Are you liking the nail sticker/all-over pattern trend?  I'm so awful at any type of nail art, even Konad, and this is basically foolproof, which means I like it.  I did this while I was watching Exit Through the Gift Shop for the second time and I'm so happy with the results.  I'll let you all know how or if they hold up.

25 comments:

  1. Mas quanta praticidade han...
    Gostei.


    bjus.
    http://useihoje.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lol these are cute!Not a print I would go with but very cute and so totally you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. These look great! I was thinking they were the Sally Hansen ones at first and I was wondering why the pattern suddenly looked appealing to me (b/c I don't like Sally's colorful flower pattern) but I see now why I'm liking these more--super cute!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm kind of liking the trend because the Sally Hansen stickers are so cute. I really want the black and white ones!

    ReplyDelete
  5. i love them but i'm not really a flowery type of girl so I'd probably go with a different pattern..thats sick that they haven't peeled off or chipped yet..go KISS!

    ReplyDelete
  6. crap, sorry for commenting again I just had one question-you took the first picture with the Seche Vite, did you add a top coat over the stickers?

    ReplyDelete
  7. wanted to know too if you added top coat on that... loving the pattern! soooo cute!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I really dislike this nail stickers. They don't appeal to me one bit. :/ We have here the Essence ones and even though I kinda like a few patterns, I don't think I have the patience to try them on. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Cute! I like these better than the SH ones.

    ReplyDelete
  10. those are so cute!!!!!!!! i love em!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I really like this design! And I am impressed they didn't go down the drain with your shampoo!

    ReplyDelete
  12. They look great!! Good to know that they don't fall off right away haha

    ReplyDelete
  13. I want to try!! Those look FUN!

    ReplyDelete
  14. They look great! I love the print. I am definitely going to look for them next time I am in the store.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love them! I wish I could find something just like that!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I'm wearing these right now, and I love them! I had a problem with one finger; no sticker would stay on, so I had to replace it the next day. Otherwise, I love them! Also, adding a top coat seriously added to the wear of these for anyone who is wondering :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi everyone. I'll address this in my next post, but no, I did not add Seche Vite on top of the nail stickers. I just held the bottle in the first picture to have something to hold that wouldn't detract from the crazy pattern. I feel weird taking a picture of my nails if I'm not holding something, because then I have to do that weird claw hand pose.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I really really like these.
    I just got into Konad, so the all over pattern look is really growing on me!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Those are super duper cute. I will say, I did mine Saturday night, and beside some basic tipwear that I always get, they're still holding onm pretty well. Also, everyone and their mom have been oohing and ahhing over them. I say trend win.

    ReplyDelete
  20. I went all over town looking for these today, but no luck! One Walmart, two CVS's and one Walgreens. I'm going to keep looking!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Very very nice ! Love colors !

    ReplyDelete
  22. cool~ how long did they end up lasting?

    ReplyDelete

I love, love, love your comments, guys! Thanks so much for leaving them! I try to respond to questions either in the comments section or in forthcoming posts, so check back later!