Friday, January 28, 2011

NEW American Apparel African Violet

I'm sorry I've gone so many days without posting.  I thought that this week might be an easy one for several reasons, but it ended up kicking my ass anyway.  I have a new American Apparel for you today.  It's gorgeous, as is to be expected from AA.



This is African Violet.  It's a nice mid-tone purple that leans just a tiny bit red.  Normally I like to show you a picture in natural light as well as in artificial light (the two images above are artificial light) but the natural light here lately is utter crap.  Also, these images came out surprisingly color accurate, so I figured we could just make do with them for now.  My application of this was not great despite the superb formula.  African Violet is everything that I expect an American Apparel creme to be:  flawless.  Easy to apply, two coats to opacity.  I'm pretty smitten with this color, actually.  If anyone is wondering, no, this is not a dupe for Rescue Beauty Lounge Mismas.  Compared to African Violet Mismas leans blue.  

Why did I choose to wear this polish?  Because the other night my boyfriend came in bearing flowers.  No one has ever gotten me flowers before!  I was so delighted that I'm afraid that I didn't convey my delight to him accurately.  It's amazing that one little thing can make me so happy.  I feel warm and fuzzy inside when I look at them on my mantle.  I didn't have a vase or anything, so they're currently housed in one of my Target tumblers.  Because I'm classy.





Sweet Jesus, look at all of my freckles in that picture.  Insane.  Anyway, lookit how pretty they are!  Orange and yellow!  They brighten up my mood just a little bit every time I look at them.  It was so sweet of him.  He's the bestest.

That's all for today.  How are you guys feeling about African Violet?  I think if you're a fan of purple polish you should definitely go pick this one up.  Also, any fun weekend plans?  I'll be stuck reading piles of articles and historiography, so maybe I can live vicariously through you all.

Happy Friday!

14 comments:

  1. That polish is stunning. I am so jealous you have access to an AA store! The flowers are so so so pretty! I love getting flowers but it seems I have to be sick in the hospital to get them :/

    ReplyDelete
  2. That polish just cries out for a bit of shimmer. When will AA do some other finishes? They do great colours!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was just gonna say you're freckles are super cute! :) I get them but only during spring and summer.
    I also got my first AA's today, three of them! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. The polish is great and flowers in the winter are the absolute best!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous colour! I bought it the other day but haven't had a chance to try it yet. Army Jacket & Echo Park came first haha

    ReplyDelete
  6. jaljen, I prefer cremes to shimmers so I'm not eager for American Apparel to expand their repertoire of finishes.

    Brittany, Army Jacket is a total winner. I don't blame you for using that one first.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gosh, another polish for my list of wants. I do prefer creams also.

    ReplyDelete
  8. That color is so lovely! I would love to get it, but there are no AA stores really close to me. And the pictures of your flowers are lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Those are Alstroemeria (some call them Peruvian lilies). They come in a myriad of colors and last a long time as cut flowers.The BF has good taste. (Can we tell they are one of my faves? lol)

    I love that color. I wish AA wasn't on my No Shop list...but it is.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sandi, he does have good taste. I'm smitten.

    ReplyDelete
  11. 1. I love freckles
    2. I love you
    3. I love flowers
    4. I love purple
    5. I love you... wait. I already said that =)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love you too miss Kelsea. I was happy to see your text the other day. A pleasant surprise that should occur more often. <3

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love that color and am wondering why I haven't worn mine yet. The flowers are gorgeous, and such a sweet gesture!

    ReplyDelete

I love, love, love your comments, guys! Thanks so much for leaving them! I try to respond to questions either in the comments section or in forthcoming posts, so check back later!