Monday, January 24, 2011

OPI Tickle My France-y

Ew, it's Monday.  Despite only having a single very short class today I still feel like I have a lot to do.  I'll probably be on campus until 6pm or so.  Not looking forward to it.  For now, though, I'm still in my slightly-too-warm apartment drinking a really nice cup of holiday coffee (I still have some of the Coffee Inc. holiday blend left over).  


I was thinking yesterday about what I wanted to put on my nails.  Rescue Beauty Lounge Film Noir was beat up and chipping so I knew I had to replace it.  When Tickle My France-y came to mind I thought, "But I've shown that on my blog a million times before."  Then I realized I hadn't shown it on my blog a million times before.  I've mentioned it a million times.  I've thought of featuring it a million times, but I've never actually posted pictures.  So here are two.  Please excuse the bad light; we are in the middle of nuclear winter.




So here she is, in artificial and natural light, respectively.  I've declared another polish to be my Favorite Polish of All Time, but little Tickle My France-y comes in at a very, very close second.  Let's break down why it's awesome.  First, the formula.  Perfect.  Two coats to opacity.  Second, for my skin tone this is an absolutely perfect neutral.  It's somewhat cool-toned, so it goes well with my skin.  When I look at it in natural light I feel like there has been a drop of purple added to it which gives the color a bit of an edge.  Edgy neutral!  Love it.  Third, the name.  I will admit that OPI's puns sometimes rub me the wrong way, but this one is just adorable.  This polish looks killer on me.  My bottle of Tickle My France-y is about 25% gone which really says something about how I feel about it.  It's the only polish I consistently reach for.


I think it's kind of funny that I have a few really expensive polishes (Chanel, Rescue Beauty Lounge, Illamasqua) but it's China Glaze and OPI that really capture my heart.  The polish in my stash that's most similar to Tickle My France-y is probably Rescue Beauty Lounge Grunge, which I also love.  But I prefer the OPI.  It wears better on me and it's a creme.  Grunge has a slight shimmer, which is gorgeous, but I prefer the creme finish on a neutral, to be honest.  


That's all I have time for today.  I need to braid my hair and run to class.  I'm glad I finally featured Tickle My France-y, though.  So what about you guys?  Are you as in love with this polish as I am?  When you want an "edgy neutral" what do you reach for?


I will survive this Monday.  Coffee, please.

20 comments:

  1. I don't *own* an edgy neutral O_o crazy huh? I just don't wear neutrals. I have to say tho, I totes agree with you, this color looks baller on you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I need it SO BADLY. I've been lemming it forever.

    Edgy neutral? That's my middle name, love! Haha. Chinchilly, Sew Psyched, Demure Vixen, and Love Em Leave Em (by Color Club) are some to mention.

    Right now I'm wearing Private Viewing by Wet n Wild. I'm in love. It's my mannequin hand shade! Finally found it =)

    Anywho, have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. lovely! I love a good neutral, edgy or otherwise.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ah. I suck. This has been an untried of mine FOREVER! Maybe I'll bust it out next.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You should totally tryyyyy it, Laura! It's the bestest.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is a pretty awesome polish! It always reminds me of chocolate milk. haha
    I think I prefer Bare it in Trafalgar Square a bit more for a good neutral, but I can't argue against this one either. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. this polish is also one of my favorites, I actually just let my friend use it yesterday because she is starting a new internship and she wanted to look professional but still have a bit of color on..I think its perfect for pretty much any occasion. everybody should totally go out and buy this ASAP.

    ReplyDelete
  8. When I want a edgy neutral, I reach for this one. Or Jessica "Creamy Caramel". The formula of Tickle is perfection made polish, yep. Many colors play in the same game but none feels that smooth. It has always amused me that we both have this polish among our absolute favorites.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This looks awesome on you! My first thought was it looks just like Grunge, but now I pretty curious about it cause I'm also not in love with the shimmer in Grunge...I'll have to check this out asap!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Nathalie, I remember you telling me how much you love this polish. It's so perfect. I can't even put my finger on why. I think it just looks great on both of us.

    Varnish Vixen, you should check it out. The shimmer in Grunge is so subtle that sometimes I'm surprised it bothers me at all, but the jelly-creme consistency of Tickle My France-y is just perfect. I like wearing Grunge on my toes and Tickle My France-y on my fingers. Just a weird personal preference. I still live the RBL though!

    ReplyDelete
  11. You! Checksy your email! I need your address! And I freaking love that colour. I never realized how good it looked.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I havent try it or seen this (farely new to collecting Polishes) but my edgy neutral is Essie Baby Cakes...has a lavender hint to it. Love it

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow, this looks fantastic on you!!! No wonder you love it so. =)

    ReplyDelete
  14. I just LOVE THIS color also!
    One good option to it is ESSIE JAZZ, both are on my top list! Good and discrete colors for work!

    Congrats for your blog!
    bebety
    lafetedebebety.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love love love this polish! I'm wearing it right now. I think it is just about the most perfect nudey shade around.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Thanks Katie. And Bailey, you're right. It's completely perfect. I don't want to take it off!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hey, Stephanie! I was wondering if somewhere on this blog you had a post on how you get your manicures to look so perfect, especially around the cuticles. :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. I seriously just tried this on at ULTA the other day and unexpectedly completely fell in love with it!

    Definitely on my list of polishes to add to my collection.

    Check my blog out when you get a chance!
    I love your blog, always have. :)
    www.morepolishplease.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  19. This is my go to for work when I am feeling professional. If I have to go to a hearing or something I slap this on. It's low maintence, not offensive and better than other work safe pretties.

    ReplyDelete
  20. nice post dear blogger

    ReplyDelete

I love, love, love your comments, guys! Thanks so much for leaving them! I try to respond to questions either in the comments section or in forthcoming posts, so check back later!