Saturday, January 22, 2011

Rescue Beauty Lounge Film Noir

IT'S THE WEEKEND!!  Thank goodness.  This week was long and taxing.  Although the weekend doesn't provide much of a respite because it's full of reading and writing, it is free from the annoying sound of alarm clocks, which is a welcome break.  I did my nails the other night in a very dim room so I didn't do a great job around my haggard cuticles, but I'm showing you anyway.




This is Rescue Beauty Lounge Film Noir.  I took these pictures the morning after I did this manicure, and there's already weird tipwear.  I wrapped my tips with polish, too.  I don't know what the deal is.  It looks like I missed spots or something.  But I don't think I did.  The formula was not what I expect from Rescue Beauty Lounge on this polish.  It required three coats to avoid bald patches, and as you can see I still got a bit of a bald spot on my ring finger nail.  I love the color, though.  It's very, very me.  But I probably have a million dupes of it.  It's more red-based than something like OPI Lincoln Park After Dark, but after three coats the effect is basically the same.

Despite my complaints, I still like this polish.  It's pretty.  A polish like Film Noir reminds me why I named by blog Short n Chic:  dark polish looks so incredibly chic on short little nails like mine.


Doesn't it?

I don't see this lasting for too long on me, so I'll probably be back to show you something new in a couple days.  As I said, I'm glad I got this polish and I think it's worth the $9 I paid for it (since I got it on sale).  Had I paid the full price of $18 I might be kind of pissed.  Maybe I got a bad bottle, formula-wise?  Who knows.  I shouldn't have to do three coats with a vampy color from RBL.  At least I don't think so.

Does anyone have Film Noir and love it?  Does anyone have a favorite vampy color?  I don't know what mine is.  I'm partial to OPI Black Cherry Chutney, but I don't think I can call it my favorite...

Happy Saturday!

9 comments:

  1. I LOVE vampies on short nails.
    I always file my nails short (for work) and so that I can vamp it up whenever I like!

    I don't have a FAVORITE yet (I'm new to the NP scene), but I have been wearing OPI's Mrs. O'Leary's BBQ a lot lately. It's more of a plummy vamp.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am a big fan of Lincoln Park After Dark, and I am ultra-pale, so it's super vampy on me. I totally agree with you - short nails are the best for vampies!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love a vampy nail polish. This one is definitely in that group!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jeanie, I don't have Mrs. O'Leary's BBQ but I want it because (1) I love Chicago and Chicago-themed things and (2) I've heard it's dupey for RBL Atame. Thanks for reminding me of it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love vampy colours! :) I've never tried RBL though. We don't have it in Sweden.

    Do you know that you actually remind me of Chloë Sevigny? The two of you look alike. :)

    Have a good weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Muito chique esse seu marrom, amei mesmo!!!!!


    bjus.
    http://useihoje.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. People tell me that I look like Chloe Sevigny all the time. Hopefully that's not a bad thing. She dresses like a hobo 50% of the time.

    ReplyDelete
  8. You're welcome, Stephanie!
    My nail polish budget doesn't take into account RBL, but OPI will do just fine :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Steph, it's a good thing! Cuteness overload! :) But yeah, her clothes are a bit strange... ;)

    ReplyDelete

I love, love, love your comments, guys! Thanks so much for leaving them! I try to respond to questions either in the comments section or in forthcoming posts, so check back later!