Monday, January 31, 2011

Sephora by OPI 212-Sephora

Have you ever thought to yourself, Gee, I wonder what fairy puke looks like...  No?  You haven't?  Is it just me?  I'm pretty sure that if there were fairies, and those fairies did vomit, their vomit would look exactly like $OPI 212-Sephora.  I'm not saying that this is a bad thing, per se.  Personally I'm kinda digging 212-Sephora.  Here, see for yourself.





Hm.  How to accurately describe this.  It's flakey and small holographic glitter particles in a bronze-y olive-y base.  I bought this because I'm kind of on a mission to own every olive-ish polish ever, slowly but surely.  I don't usually wear glitter, and I know this one is going to be a bitch and a half to remove.  I used three coats here.  Two may have been fine, but I did three just to be safe.  And I wrapped my tips.  I want this manicure to last for a while because I'm about to start the week from hell and I know that I'm not going to have time to scrub off the fairy vomit and apply something else until Thursday evening or Friday afternoon.  Here's a macro for you, too.


I do really like this polish and I'm glad I bought it.  I just hate paying $9 for $OPI.  It's the principle.  I also don't like the $OPI skinny brush.  I much prefer the pro-wide on reggity-regs OPIs.  The formula on this also wasn't great.  It was kind of like painting my nails with curdled milk, and the tiny brush didn't help matters.  Regardless, I still did an okay job.  I didn't do any clean-up.

So it's Monday.  And I'm just waiting for the weekend to come again.  I was texting with my friend yesterday and she said to me, "Remember when weekends were weekends?"  Truth be told, no I don't.  For the past six years I've been either working on weekends or doing insane amounts of reading for school on weekends.  This past weekend was nice, though.  Well, Saturday was.  I slept really, really well on Saturday night and woke up refreshed.  My boyfriend being around probably had everything to do with it.  

Okay, enough babbling.  I have five minutes to do something to my hair and get out the door for class.  What do you guys think of 212-Sephora?  Is it fairy vomit in a good way or a bad way?  Do you just want me to stop typing vomit?  Personally, I like this polish.  It's like a subdued glitter-bomb.  And the sun even came out today so I can wear it properly :)

21 comments:

  1. dammit I've been trying to resist this one and you just put the nail in the coffin. Time to get serious and find the lil bottle of fairy puke

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a really weird polish but I love the heck out of it! I was browsing the Sephora polishes a while ago and it was the only one that jumped out at me. Everyone thinks I'm insane for loving it so much but it's amazing! It looks great on you too! :)

    - Kirsten

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just put this one on yesterday, admiring it on my nails right now as I type ;) its a very interesting colour, kinda reminds me of a black version of OPI, Merry Midnight.

    I don't care too much for the brush or the price, in Canada these go for $12 each! Heading to the States in February so I defiantly will be picking up some more $OPI's with the sSephora gift cards I got for Christmas :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh wow, I always thought this had a black base...I think I like it more now that I know it is olive! As far as removal, you should try the old soak your nails in cotton balls wrapped in tin foil. I just do a few fingers at a time (so I can still use my hand) while I study...works like a charm!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Every time I see this polish I feel differently about it...but I do love the base color, it would be awesome if $OPI did a polish that is just the olive base of this one.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I looove it ! It's so pretty ! I love the olive base color too. Too bad I can't get it in my country. You're right, fairies vomit must look like this ! thanks for the comparison, you made my day ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh Honey_lili, I'm glad that I made someone's day.

    Kathleen, I'm sure you could easily find a dupe for this base color. Actually, If you want something that looks similar without the glitter, I'd try to seek out Borghese Euro Green. It's on the new Borghese displays for spring. I have that one but I haven't worn it yet. I'll make sure to post pictures when I do.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is the top of my wish list! I cannot find it and it's driving me mad lol. I'm going to try and dupe it by layering Sally Hansen Night Lights over Sally Hansen Real Royal. If that don't work, I may resort to doing a magic dance trying to get someone to be willing to part with there lol. If someone has a bottle they'd be happy to part with or decant some off, hit me up lol.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Can I just say, that I love love love this color?!? I saw it, and immediately searched for it on google. The Sephora website says it's not for sale anymore though:(
    Any hints on where I can get my dose of fairy vomit?
    P.S. LOVE your blog too ;)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Salina and Melina (haha, they rhyme!), I got my bottle of 212 at a Sephora store. They were selling it as part of the holiday collection. The last time I was there (maybe three weeks ago) they still had a few bottles. I think that this color was made for the opening of the Times Square Sephora (hence the 212 name), and I'd venture to guess that they still sell this color in-store at that store, specifically. If you guys are desperate to get your hands on it I'd try to see if you can swap for it on MakeUpAlley. And if not that, there's always eBay. If I had an extra bottle I'd do a giveaway, but alas, I have only the one. And I'm keeping it ;)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Dude, I need this polish now just because it is fairy vomit. Fairies can sell anything. Including their vomit. For reals. Lol.

    ReplyDelete
  12. God, I love your blog.

    Like Danielle said, in Canada, Sephora by OPI is $12 bucks (and now our dollar is almost on par!), so I don't buy it anymore. If I'm getting OPI, I buy $8 OPI(cheap for here).

    I like this color!
    Kinda looks like fairy poop to me ;)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Unfortunately, I don't have a nearby Sephora. :( I'd have to travel several hours, and though we do sometimes go to Memphis or Nashville, it's just not something we have planned currently. I've been trying on MUA but people don't seem to want to part with it with a relative n00b like myself.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I'll tell you what, Melina. I have two Sephora stores relatively near me. If I see a bottle of this at one of those stores I'll pick it up for you. I probably won't be getting out anytime soon, though. There's an ice apocalypse about to hit the midwest. I'll try to find one for you, though.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love this one. Fairy Puke is beautiful! hahha you're hilarious!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I think this is what I wanted Sally Hansen Sequin Scandal to be. SS just looks dull on me; not nearly as sparkly as it looks in the bottle. I might have to pick up this $OPI!

    ReplyDelete
  17. YES!!! There is a Sephora store near me! yay-yay-yay-yay-yay :)
    Haha I'm going to have to buy that...
    Thanks for the tip!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Steff, I effing LOVE this color. I'm glad you do too. I got so many compliments on it -- although digging in the dirt, I think people are just constantly amazed I can have painted nails, ignoring totally what's on them. But yeah, it's fast becoming one of my favorite polishes.

    Another one I just fell in weird love with? Barielle's Aura Angora. I still hate hate HATE their formula, but it's such a wonderfully mustard/caramel/butterscotch color, and it wore like a dream that I can't stay mad at them. They call it royal gold creme, but royal gold -- unlike royal blue -- is not actually a thing. Point being, I lurvs it.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Ooooh... sorry to be late to the party on this one. I'm in the UK and have been looking for a polish like this one since I used up my Mavala "Masai" which is kinda on the same wavelength.
    Please don't laugh, but: it goes with my dog. Who is not an ickle yappylappy dog either! It's not a twee thing, honest. Does anybody know if this is getable in the UK?

    ReplyDelete

I love, love, love your comments, guys! Thanks so much for leaving them! I try to respond to questions either in the comments section or in forthcoming posts, so check back later!