Tuesday, February 15, 2011

China Glaze White Cap and American Apparel Office: Layered

You'll probably remember that one of my immediate ideas for the use of White Cap was to layer it over American Apparel Office, which is a mint green creme.  I've never shown that one on its own before, so if you have a burning desire to see Office unadulterated, then check out All Lacquered Up.  I don't like mint green nail polishes on me because they tend to make my skin look red, plus I'm not a huge fan of pastels generally, but for some reason I couldn't wait to layer White Cap and Office.





The outcome was rather enjoyable.  Office, however, applied terribly.  You see two coats here and it has already started to flake off weirdly after about twenty-four hours.  Anyway, this is two coats Office, one coat White Cap and Seche Vite.  It's really nice and sparkly and I think the gold glitter mitigates the effect of the green enough that my skin doesn't look red.  I'll call this one a win.

I wore this manicure yesterday with a new sweater I have that I'm PRETTY EXCITED ABOUT.  I have a total boner for animal printed things.  Not like tiger stripes or cheetah spots or whatever, but actual animals on clothing.  I've got a sweater with bunnies all over it, one with owls, one with unicorns and one with horses.  The one I've added to my collection most recently is pastel pink (an unusual color for me) with a giant fawn on it.  Observe:


...yep.  I love it.  I suppose it was inadvertently Valentine's Day-themed because it's pink and has a heart on it.  My boyfriend laughed in my face when I put this on yesterday morning, but come on.  How cute is it?  I love it.  I found it in the juniors section of H&M and it was $24.95.  $24.95 well-spent, if you ask me.

EDITED TO ADD:  Sonofabitch.  I just watched this week's episode of Glee and in the preview for next week Brittany was wearing THIS VERY FAWN SWEATER.  Just remember people, you saw it here first.  I also saw two other things I own in tonight's episode:  Brittany was wearing a heart romper from H&M (have it) and Rachel was wearing a blue and red button-down flannel shirt from Target (I wear that constantly).  Hey Glee wardrobe people, get the hell out of my closet.  Thanks.

So what do you guys think about the layering of Office and White Cap?  Any layering combinations you're itching to see from me?  I'm not quite ready to give up on playing with White Cap quite yet, so let me know.  And be honest:  don't you love my deer sweater?  :D

16 comments:

  1. Ooh, I love this combo! Minty greens terrify me but White Cap makes everything better, so I should try. I love this on you!

    - Kirsten

    ReplyDelete
  2. gahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh that sweater is amazingggggg. I still say whitecap is my fave layering polish of all time at the moment

    ReplyDelete
  3. Totally loving the sweater! It's freakin' awesome! =)

    ReplyDelete
  4. the sweater is adorable! i love the little deer. your boy must have been laughing at the sheer cuteness!

    i like the mint green with white cap. i am sure it would look awesome over purples too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very pretty combo! Love the shirt :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. THANK YOU for the sweater compliments! I feel vindicated. I'm going to get a deer pin to put on the deer sweater to make up for the fact that it only has one deer on it ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I looove the combination! Man, I really need to get my own White Cap ASAP. Can you try a dark green for layering? It that one ends up being perfect, I'm grabbing two bottles of White cap for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Awesome sweater! If I see it at my local H&M (eh, I wonder if it'll be there), I won't help but thinking of you. ;)

    I "need" White Cap. I'm waiting for Ahoy! to reach my door - I should have gotten this one too but I was pretty unaware of its awesomeness. Ah ignorance. :P

    ReplyDelete
  9. meag, I'll see about putting White Cap with a purple, but I haven't been too into purples lately. Maybe your suggest will inspire me to get back into them for spring.

    Ulmiel, I'll layer it with a dark green on Friday or over the weekend. Thanks for the suggestion :) I have something else planned for tomorrow which I think turned out even better than the Office combination! Excited!

    nathalie, it took me forever to find this sweater. I'm so weird. I saw it at one H&M, passed on it, and then desperately wanted it as soon as I drove away. I stopped at another one and they didn't have it. FInally, the third one I tried did. I'm crazy about it.

    ReplyDelete
  10. omfg love that color combo and LOVE that sweater. Your boyfriend is just jealous he doesn't have a baby pink sweater with a giant fawn on it.

    <3

    ReplyDelete
  11. another winning combination. Now I definitely have to get white cap

    ReplyDelete
  12. oh wow, the deer is definitely you! Haha. Your nails kind of remind me of a mermaid =)

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'm lemming White Cap, so hard. I keep putting in my cart and not pulling the trigger LOL. But I am wearing Sea Spray right now!

    I LOVE your Deer Sweater, too cute! I used to show/own/ride horses for 15 years so I could never wear things with horses on them because I was made fun of. Maybe now though...I'm far enough removed.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Anna, I used to ride horses as well. I owned one for a while, but we had to put him down. My mom taught horseback riding (English!) for many, many years. I love horses and I have no problem showing my love. I say go for it. Maybe try a little thing first, like a horse pin or horse necklace. Then you can graduate to a full-on horse print!

    ReplyDelete
  15. White Cap is gorgeous! Layer away because I'll enjoy every one of your White Cap manis!

    Welllll, you live in Northeast Ohio and Glee takes place in Northwest Ohio, so kudos to Glee for nailing Northern Ohio fashion, yeah?

    ReplyDelete

I love, love, love your comments, guys! Thanks so much for leaving them! I try to respond to questions either in the comments section or in forthcoming posts, so check back later!