Thursday, February 17, 2011

China Glaze White Cap and American Apparel Hunter: Layered

Someone asked me in the comments the other day if I could try layering China Glaze White Cap over a dark green.  My ideal choice for that would have been Illamasqua Rampage, but I don't have that one at my apartment.  My stash is sadly split in two, with most of it living at my house on the west side of the city.  I'm stuck on the east side until at least Friday, so I had to make do with what I have.  And what I have is American Apparel Hunter.  I used two coats of Hunter, one of White Cap and one of Seche Vite.  Here's how it turned out.






*dies*  And it's even more gorgeous in real life than it is in the pictures.  Trust.  I don't know what to say about this except...you should PROBABLY go buy White Cap if I haven't convinced you to already.  It was Ulmiel of the blog Did Someone Say Nail Polish? who asked me to layer White Cap with a dark green.  Specifically she said, "If that combination ends up being perfect I'm grabbing two bottles of White Cap for sure."  So what do you think?  Will you be buying those two bottles, or what?  I think even I need another one now.


It's like they were made for each other, no?


And here's Hunter on its own.  I don't think I've ever shown it before, so this was a good opportunity.  This image is pretty color accurate, but it's just a bit dustier in reality.  It's beautiful.

Another win with White Cap.  What do you guys think?  Any other layering suggestions?  Someone thought I should try a purple, so maybe I'll do that next.  Let me know if you want to see anything and I'll oblige.  I've been taking a little more time for myself lately and that's why I've been able to update as much as I have been.  It's good for my mental state, bad for my work.  But what's more important?  Anyway, let me know if you have any more suggestions!

13 comments:

  1. I frankened a bottle of White Cap yesterday into one of the prettiest blues I own. Its a musthave. I'm buying more bottles tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I finally bought a bottle of White Cap a few days ago after seeing all these bloggers layering it over various colours and I just about died.

    I've been hemming and hawing about getting it the first time around because it was so sheer but I never saw its true beauty until it was layered. So I grabbed a bottle and I love it!

    This combo looks gorgeous! Makes me want to try it over China Glaze Jolly Holly!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I layered this over China Glaze VIII (dark eggplant creme) and it was to die for! So glad I bought this one!

    ReplyDelete
  4. epic win. Pay rent this month? orrr... buy nail polish? HMMMMM

    ReplyDelete
  5. i layered it with Opi hot and spicy and it was pretty banging. Im gonna do a post about it soon. but your right this polish is awsomeness! i am thinking about buying a back up!

    ReplyDelete
  6. i just got my white cap in the mail yesterday. i *almost* used it today, but cg crackles were just calling my name!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That green is beautiful!
    http://www.justme-bluefemme.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ho-ly crap!!! Ok, it's official, two bottles!! Every time I see White Cap combination, it's a to die for mani, but with dark green ... love! Thanks for posting this! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yay, I'm glad you guys like this one! It was a good suggestion. I don't think I'm done playing with White Cap yet. I'll see what I can dig out of my stash tonight for another good combination.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love White Cap! I wore it over white.. felt very wintery back when there was still snow on the ground.

    Just put on Guy Meets Gal-veston and it made me think of you because its coral! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks for thinking of me, Stephanie. I'm definitely flattered. I've been thinking about getting one of those new OPIs...the "sorbet" finish appeals to me. Somewhat.

    ReplyDelete

I love, love, love your comments, guys! Thanks so much for leaving them! I try to respond to questions either in the comments section or in forthcoming posts, so check back later!