Wednesday, February 16, 2011

China Glaze White Cap and RBL Grunge: Layered

This combination is to die for.  Grunge is one of my favorite polishes and I wanted to layer White Cap with a neutral.  Seriously, this is just gorgeous.  






Aw, look at my little loved bottle of Grunge.  I actually think it's getting thicker as I use up the polish, which is a complaint I've never heard from anyone regarding Rescue Beauty Lounge.  Anyway, what you see above is two coats Grunge, one coat White Cap and one coat Seche Vite.  I don't know about you guys, but I'm totally smitten with this combination.  The gold sparkles with the neutral polish...perfect.  I'm getting my money's worth with White Cap.

Someone in the comments yesterday asked me to layer White Cap with a dark green, so that'll be my next combination.  Then I'll have shown you White Cap by itself, over a pastel, over a neutral and over a vampy.  I'm determined to convince all of you that you need this polish.  'Cause you do.  

So.  Getting sick.  My boyfriend, who never gets sick, came home with a full-blown cold the other day.  We slept cuddled together all night anyway, and I woke up feeling not so hot.  I'm off to the drug store soon to buy some zinc (which always helps) and NyQuil.  And, let's be honest, probably a new lipstick.  Let's hope I don't fully succumb to illness.  I am such a pathetic sick person.  To cheer myself up I'm wearing my unicorn shirt today:



Hehe!  Anyway, what does everyone think about Grunge and White Cap?  Love it?  Feeling meh about it?  Spill.

16 comments:

  1. OMG I looove this combo ! It's a great one. I was really skeptical about White cap but after your posts I may consider ordering it.
    The thing that I don't love on the other hand is the flu ! Hope we both get well soon !
    Take care

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, get well soon!
    Stay home, rest, and watch lots of trashy tv :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very pretty combination! Hope you can keep the germs at bay.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Whoa. I LOVE Grunge(so much that I had to buy a backup for fear it would go out of stock again. lol). Must have White Cap now! *plots Head2Toe order*

    Boo on being sick! I have a cold starting :( Get loads of rest and hydrate up!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ooh, that is a wonderful combo.

    Hope you feel better. I've got a cold or something too and I'm not happy about it. Ha.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great combination! :-) It sort of reminds me om the combination I did with Essie Playa del Platinum layered with Nubar 2010. I also have bought White Cap, I will definately try it over Essie PdP later!

    ReplyDelete
  8. i looooove white cap. finally got my order in yesterday that included that gem. i'm going to layer it over china glaze - ingrid ...

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for the positive feedback, guys! I will convert every White Cap skeptic to a White Cap lover, slowly but surely.

    nikole, I think it's a good idea to layer it over Ingrid. Actually, when I was finished doing the Grunge+WC combination I thought, "This is what I wish Ingrid had looked like." If Ingrid didn't look so fucking horrible on me I'd try that too. But alas, it truly, truly does.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I really wasn't fussed about white cap but you're convincing me otherwise... dammit!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love these neutral/bling combinations! =)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi!
    Just started reading your blog. I love this combo; I'm now convinced to get White Cap.

    http://polishgazing.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love love this combo, I have grunge too, think I have to get myself White Cap as well :)

    ReplyDelete

I love, love, love your comments, guys! Thanks so much for leaving them! I try to respond to questions either in the comments section or in forthcoming posts, so check back later!