Monday, February 21, 2011

Helloooooo Sexy

Today I'm sharing with you one of my favorite vampies that never really gets enough love, OPI All A-Bordeaux the Sled.  It was from the 2009 OPI holiday collection and I can't tell you how many times I've reached for it in the past couple months.  




It's gorgeous, it's sexy, it's simple.  I've been wearing it for three days and it still looks like this.  It's shiny even without topcoat, it's easy to apply and the formula is great.  I did three coats here.  This is one of those almost-blacks that so many people dislike and bemoan the existence of.  Me, though, I love them.  Can't get enough of them.  This dark red-brown is just too perfect.  Yesterday my boyfriend took my hand and said, "Ooo, what's on your nails?" which seems to indicate that this polish is doing its sexy little job.  Good show OPI.  

This weekend my friend and I took a little trip to the Columbus Museum of Art and my parents' new house in the boonies.  We ate lunch at a place called "Allison's Finer Diner" in Mt. Vernon, Ohio.  I think you can imagine what that little town is like from the name of the restaurant.


Creepy small towns for the win.  It was a really pretty day.


Then we contemplated some paintings at the Columbus Museum of Art.  This is a George Bellows, one of my favorite artists.  He's from Columbus and I always forget that.


There were some cool installations.

I loved that when I called my boyfriend and said, "Babe, I'm going to Columbus for the weekend."  He replied with, "What's the exhibition?"  I didn't even have to tell him I was going to a museum, he just assumed.  How cute.  Incidentally, the exhibition was called "Shared Intelligence:  American Painting and the Photograph."  It's worth seeing.  The concept was good, the execution was less so.  But there was some amazing stuff from the period in American art I like the best (early twentieth century).  

Anyway, that's all.  I had a good weekend roadtripping all over the state (we made a sojourn to Cincinnati as well).  I hope Monday isn't agonizing as per usual.  Coffee helps.  

What do you guys think about All A-Bordeaux the Sled?  I'm sure you can all dupe it with something else, but admit, it's gorgeous.  What's your favorite vampy shade?

13 comments:

  1. I love the sculptural piece! This reminds me I should go to the modern art museum again soon--- there's something just so fulfilling about art. I haven't done vampy nails in a while now, but AABTS looks great

    ReplyDelete
  2. I used to do this color back in high school all the time. It was sort of my signature thing because back then no one wore this color very much. (This was (ahem) 1990-91, btw.) Men LOVE this color! I don't know why, but I know that almost every time I wore it, some guy would say "Ooooh... nice nails!" Which is a pretty rare compliment from high school guys, which is why I kept wearing it, of course. Anyway, somewhere along the way I got tired of it and I haven't worn it in awhile, but I still love the way it looks, and am still constantly amazed by how good it looks on almost everyone!
    Love your blog, btw!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's a really beautiful color. I love vampys too, I can't get sick of them. My favourite is OPI - Wiliam Tell Me About OPI (maybe I'm not being really objectiv here 'cause I'm a swiss gal but anyway...) the application is flawless in two coats. It's one of the few polish I can wear for more than 2 days in a row.
    Take care

    ReplyDelete
  4. I fell in love with some "almost black" lately! I have a couple Essence polishes that are great vampies (dark brown/red or super dark purple). They look sexy on short nails and nasty :-) on long ones!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love those vampy, almost black nail colours, so this one's sure right up my alley. It looks fantastic on you. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Vampy = best! And I also went to the museum this weekend :) cultural stuff yay!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Haha, maisenzasmalto, I totally agree about vampies look best on short nails. That's why I named my blog what I did ;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I already have quite a few shades like All A-Bordeaux the Sled, but it's my favorite polish color, so this is definitely being added to my list of things to buy. Gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love a dark dark red! It's gorgeous, and I'm now adding it to my ever-growing list of must-have polishes!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Whenever a guy notices your nails, it's a rare occurence and means you're doing something right!

    I don't have enough vampy shades because I always go to buy them and then think, "well, I think I have one like this at home..."

    I like Rimmel's Purple Rain... it's sort of a jelly, but the purple is so deep it's almost black!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love love love vampy nail polish! my favourite at the moment is Raspberry Truffle by Nubar but I think I might have to check out this OPI, if I can get my hands on it...

    ReplyDelete
  12. I've just chopped all my nails down short and am thinking of some nice vampies to wear, this just went on the list, so thank you! :) I only have a mini, but I have an exact dupe by La Femme (called Damson, in case it helps anyone, although they're sometimes mislabelled -.-), in looks and performance. OPI Tease-y Does It is first, I have it on my toes and I love it :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Jenny, I have Tease-y Does It but I haven't worn it yet! I can't believe I still have to try out a holiday polish...

    ReplyDelete

I love, love, love your comments, guys! Thanks so much for leaving them! I try to respond to questions either in the comments section or in forthcoming posts, so check back later!