Wednesday, March 09, 2011

All Up On My Face: Viva Glam Gaga 2

Oh hey.  No new nails for you today.  As I said, I'm really digging OPI Bare It In Trafalgar Square and I wanted to keep it on another day.  The more I look at it the more I wonder how close it is to OPI Miso Happy With this Color.  I'll have to do a comparison.  Anyway, I'm really awful at taking close-up photos of my own face, so I just let Photobooth do it for me.  I wanted to show you how Viva Glam Gaga 2 looks on me.  



Look at that damn happy face.


Here I'm wearing the Gaga 2 lipstick with the Lipglass over it.  I was reading reviews of this duo and someone was saying that if you have light skin this'll look terrible on you.  I beg to differ.  I'm so into this look.  I have super, super pale skin and I think I can pull this off just fine.  It's a nice change too, because my lips are naturally quite pink.  Like I said yesterday, I found this lipstick/Lipglass surprisingly wearable.  This is the perfect warm nude for me.  And I love nude lips.  The only other makeup I'm wearing in these pictures is Urban Decay 24/7 liner in Zero and a coat of Urban Decay Skyscraper mascara (which is my favorite).  I think this is a great look for springtime, especially with all the obnoxious floral dresses I'm planning on wearing.  

Dude, yesterday was terrible.  Here's how my day went:
9AM:  alarm goes off.  I snooze.
9:09AM:  alarm goes off.  I reset alarm for 10.
10AM:  alarm goes off.  I reset alarm for 11.
11AM:  alarm goes off.  I snooze.
11:09AM:  alarm goes off.  I reluctantly roll out of bed.
11:30AM:  eating saltine crackers.  Have gotten back in bed.
12PM:  I extract The Art Museum from Boullee to Bilbao from my bookshelf.  I am planning on writing a paper.
12:30PM:  I open a Word doc, title it, and save it in hopes that it will help me get started writing.
1PM:  Watching YouTube makeup tutorials.
1:42PM:  I begin writing this very blog post.
2:15PM:  I realize I am hungry.  I go to Chipotle with my book and eat a burrito bowl.  I eat so much that I think my stomach will explode and burrito juice will come out of my eye sockets.  I am satisfied.  
2:42PM:  Can't read in Chipotle.  Too loud.
2:45PM:  I get in my car and drive to the Pleasantville Public Library.
3:33PM:  Arrive in Pleasantville.
3:49PM:  Updating Netflix queue and STILL not reading.
6:11PM:  Finished required reading for paper.  Found Six Feet Under season five at library.  Meaning the rest of my evening is doomed, academically.
3:13AM:  Finished Six Feet Under series.  Cried for four straight hours because it was so amazing.  Fell in love with Michael C. Hall all over again, for the thousandth time.

As you can see, I'm having real problems with this whole motivation thing.  It's spring break, yes, but there are things that I really, really need to get done.  I thought maybe if I wrote a bit on the blog it might help me to write a bit in Word.  We'll see how that goes.  I am pathetic.  

Anyway, has anyone else gotten these guys from MAC?  Kelsea, soul sister, I'm asking you.  Because I know you rock the nude lip from time to time.  Let me know what you all think.  I feel like this lipstick could be a love it or hate it type of thing.  

8 comments:

  1. I've never been a high end girl but that look is making me want some MAC in a bad way...

    Damn you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's worth it. Lipstick and Lipglass together were about $31. A bit of a splurge, but for something that's so perfect for everyday wear, I say go for it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love it on you! I've yet to see anyone not pull this color off tbh, and I think it's easier to do with pale skin. And I have to say- when you consider MAC lipstick is about $15 and some drug store lipsticks are now what around $12? Even if the jump is from $8 the quality is worth it. Drug store seems to be getting very expensive on it's own!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yeah, a lot of drug store lipsticks are between $6 and $9. I think spending the extra money on MAC isn't a huge deal. BUT there are a ton of drug store lipsticks that I really love. Maybelline ColorSensational, especially.

    ReplyDelete
  5. need need need it looks so amazing on you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks great on you ! I love nude lipstick. This one seems much better that Myth from MAC. I'll probably get Viva Glam soon ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. First off, I have recently stumbled upon your blog and LOVE it. You are so adorable. I have been craving the new Gaga, as I love the first one oh so much and think this one is beautiful also. I am a total pink or nude lipstick whore- with the exception of MAC "Rebel."

    The salon I get my hair done at has their own line of makeup, and their "Puppy Love" is such a beautiful, wearable, moisturizing nude. I am curious to see how VGG2 compares since I haven't seen it in real life. Still, if you get a second and have some extra $$$ it's a gorgeous lipstick, and proceeds go to a good cause. http://www.prissmakeup.com/Online_Store.html

    -Jess :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you, Jess. I'll check it out.

    ReplyDelete

I love, love, love your comments, guys! Thanks so much for leaving them! I try to respond to questions either in the comments section or in forthcoming posts, so check back later!