Tuesday, March 15, 2011

BLACK LABEL: OPI Edin-Burgundy

Do you guys remember last week when I wore OPI Bare It In Trafalgar Square?  I asked if any of you had a bottle you were willing to give up or swap away.  A very lovely, incredibly generous reader named Gail told me that she had it and would be willing to send it to me.  And then...and then she sent me twenty bottles of mostly discontinued/difficult to find black label OPIs.  When I found the package by my mailbox I was like a kid on Christmas morning.  I raced up to my third-floor walk-up and tore the package open.  Aaaaaand they're beautiful.  Here's the one I chose to wear first, Edin-Burgundy.







Uuuuuuhhhh.  Hello, gorgeous.  Edin-Burgundy is a beautiful, lush, juicy blood-red.  It's a semi-jelly.  Can you tell it has that squishiness about it?  Oh, I love this.  I love it a lot.  This was three coats.  The formula was so easy to work with.  Even with the old OPI skinny brush.  The polish was thin, but it just flowed really easily right onto my nail and stayed right where I put it.  This color reminds me of China Glaze Phat Santa, which was released with the 2010 holiday collection.  It also reminds me of OPI Vodka & Caviar.  How posh. 

So here's what Gail sent me (with flash):


See that one fourth from the right?  That's Peel Me A Gobi Grape.  *SWOON*


BONER.

And look at all the corals!  I'm super excited.  I love each and every polish she sent and I can't wait to try them all out.  Thank you so, so much Gail.  You have no idea how much I appreciate it.  This little box was the highlight of my spring break, hands-down :)

So what do you guys think of Edin-Burgundy?  Is it your kind of red?  Speaking of red, what's your opinion on red?  It seems to be a love it or hate it type of color and I, personally, l-o-v-e it.  Sexy, right?

14 comments:

  1. Wow! I can see how that would be the highlight of your spring break!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! What a generous surprise! There are so many drool-worthy pinks corals and reds....

    ReplyDelete
  3. TO DIE FOR !!!! and Edin-Burgundy is gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's a glorious non B3 Free OPI Rainbow(who doesn't want wonderfully easy to use polish?!).


    Omgomgomgomg Peel Me A Gobi Grape!!



    You are very lucky duck =)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm so happy they arrived intact and that you like them!

    ReplyDelete
  6. How lovely!!! That red looks so seriously yummy on you! Years ago I had a red like that and I loved it and I used it all up until it turned all gummy on me. It wasn't OPI just some cheapy brand, but I have been searching ever since for a red that perfect and haven't managed to find one yet. Lucky, lucky girl!
    Oh and I LOVE reds. I don't wear them very often and I'm not sure why, but I do love them.

    ReplyDelete
  7. that's some awesome gift you got. very generous of Gail. Karma is a great thing :) enjoy

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, that's so awesome! I'm dying with jealousy that you got Peel Me a Gobi Grape-- that was probably my favorite old OPI. Nice! Edin-burgundy is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow, RAOKs are great! Edin-Burgundy is gorgeous!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love it! I am on a quest to find a great, deep red. Got phat Santa after seeing it here, but I'm still coming to grips with jelly application. Score!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Um, hello, most gorgeous thing evar.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Pam, Phat Santa is GREAT and more opaque than this OPI. After seeing the OPI in natural light, though, I think it's deeper than Phat Santa. I wish I could tell you my favorite deep red, but I'm coming up short right now.

    ReplyDelete

I love, love, love your comments, guys! Thanks so much for leaving them! I try to respond to questions either in the comments section or in forthcoming posts, so check back later!