Thursday, March 31, 2011

Borghese Euro Green (!!!)

I do not often buy Borghese.  They are about $8 apiece at the drug store, as I'm sure you all know, and I'm not too fond of paying that much for anything that comes out of Walgreens.  However, a couple months ago I was wandering around Ulta and I found a display of new Borghese colors, which are now only "new" because I waited so long to wear the one I picked, Euro Green.  But now that I've worn it I am in love.






My scale for nail polish love goes something like this:
Coral:  Oh hey, you're pretty.  You should probably get on my fingers.
Edgy neutral:  I love you.  You make me happy on the inside.
Olive green:  Full-on nail polish boner (or an NPB, if you will).

This olive is gorgeous.  As in, holy shit, it just rocketed into one of the top ten polishes I'd want with me on a desert island (what a silly scenario).  This is like the perfect fusion of gold and green, and...it's sparkly.  It's just so pretty.  I keep scrolling up as I'm writing this to look at pictures of my own hands.  That's how much I love this.  The formula was fine; I used two coats here.  The brush was wide...wider than the OPI pro-wide, but not as wide and weirdly shaped as Sally Hansen Insta-Dris.  If you like green or gold or olive, get your hands on this polish.  Or, more appropriately, get this polish on your hands.  You will not regret this $8-purchase, I promise. 

As this post goes up I'll be almost to Detroit.  I'm going with my friends in the morning to wander around the Detroit Institute of Arts, and then meet up with my seminar class in the afternoon to have a tour of the current exhibition.  I'm pretty excited to go because this is there.  I have a new obsession with James McNeill Whistler.  Ever since I learned he wrote a book called The Gentle Art of Making Enemies.  What a badass.  I will try to remember my camera so I can take some pictures and post them later, but I will have gotten up at 6 in order to beat rush hour traffic out of Cleveland, so I don't even know if I'll be awake enough to put on pants let alone remember a camera.  I usually get up at 9:15ish, so 6 is a little early for me.  But it'll be a nerdtastic fun art day, that's for sure! 

Opinons on Euro Green?  Is it giving anyone else an NPB or is it just me?  

14 comments:

  1. LOL @ "NPB"!!! I never heard that before.

    This color is ridiculously pretty. I always have bad luck with metallics (usually silver or gold).. they never seem to last or apply well. I wonder if that would be the case for this polish as well, as it looks a little metallic? Well, I'm putting it on my ULTA shopping list anyway!

    Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooooh this is a definite NPB, at least the way it looks on you. Not so sure I could pull this one off with my dark skin, but it is absolutely fabulous all around. So jealous...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Excellent nail polish scale. Am in total agree-ance.

    ReplyDelete
  4. OHMAN. I'm going to have to hunt this down.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You're killing me with your nail polish scale!!! I saw NPB and nearly fell off my chair!

    It is a gorgeous polish though. *drools quietly*

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great polish, I've never had good luck with this brand but may get it for this color.

    I saw The Girl in White in DC and it is sublime. I'd love to get a print of Nocturne. Surprising that a painter with such a subtle touch could be so contentious!

    ReplyDelete
  7. BUAHAHAH!!! I totally burst out laughing obnoxiously while reading this. It totally gave me a NPB!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yeah, I have a soft spot for that olive color.
    Very nice!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. You are definitely not the only one in love with Euro Green! I only have three Borghese polishes because I, too, hate paying $8 for something I get at Wags, but Euro Green is so worth it. It's absolutely gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Natlie, you've never heard NPB before because it's a term that I just coined. Copyright Short n Chic 2011. But I'm sure it'll be all over the intarwebz in just a matter of time.

    ReplyDelete
  11. It's official- I lurrvs you! I thought I was the only one who repeatedly said nail polish boner:) awesome

    ReplyDelete
  12. If I like anything enough I'll announce that it gives me a b. I also have sound effects for my b. Basically, this blog just isn't good enough to convey the complexity of my weird social boner faux pas.

    ReplyDelete
  13. OMG!!! i blinked and had to rub my eyes. i am the only person i have ever seen say nail polish boner!!!! I LOVE YOU!!! and im near detroit too, lol. you and i totally have to be friends!

    ReplyDelete

I love, love, love your comments, guys! Thanks so much for leaving them! I try to respond to questions either in the comments section or in forthcoming posts, so check back later!