Thursday, March 03, 2011

China Glaze Golden Spurs

Golden Spurs is a very special polish to me.  I once got a manicure with it, many summers ago.  I loved the color so much that I offered to buy it from the guy who owns the salon but he refused to sell it to me.  I looked for it in every dusty I set foot in for about a year until one day I came across the entire Rodeo Diva collection.  I bought all twelve polishes, still in their little boxed sets.  To this day that is still the best polish purchase I've ever made and perhaps my luckiest find ($35 for the lot).  I cherish my Rodeo Diva collection.  



This looks great on me.  It's a nice, jazzy neutral.  It's sparkly.  It's subdued when it needs to be.  It's perfect.  Like melted caramel.  I've shown this one before but I wanted to show it again.  It deserves it.  The rest of Rodeo Diva is so amazing that polishes like Golden Spurs don't really get the attention they probably should.

I survived my first day back to school after being really sick for many days.  I'm still sick, but I managed to remain upright and semi-talkative through many hours of class.  We were taken "behind the scenes" at the Cleveland Museum of Natural History for museum studies yesterday.  I saw hundreds of animals in jars, walked through a taxidermy lab and stood in a "cold room" full of dead stuffed critters.  And I didn't throw up or hyperventilate.  Just another day in pursuit of my masters in art history and museum studies. 

Won't you not be my neighbor?
An update on my downstairs neighbors, whom I loathe.  Last night they argued really loudly.  I couldn't tell exactly what it was about; it was pretty muffled.  I heard the chick yell, "You think I look FAT?!" but that's really all I could get.  You know, I'm starting to get pretty pissed at these people.  I turned on The Beatles to drown out the noise, but I could still hear bits and pieces.  Not even Revolver can save me now.

So does anyone else share my love for Golden Spurs?  It's elegant, right?  Y'know, I've been finding new polish releases pretty boring lately and I find myself returning to polishes that I absolutely love from collections of yesteryear increasingly more these days.  Is it just me? 

10 comments:

  1. I agree, many new releases have been pretty uninspiring. I've been more interested in the layering polishes being released than alot of "collections"

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't own this one but I have to say Rodeo Diva is one of my favorite collection ever !

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dude! My upstairs neighbor is the bane of my existence!!!! I swear to god he has a pet elephant! So I feel your pain. He argues on the phone a lot, too. Sometimes in spanish lol

    <3

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've been sneaking peeks at your blog for a little while now, and I LOOOOVE that you show polishes in different kinds of light. I feel like most of the bloggers I've found show polish predominantly in blindingly bright light, which is great for showing the true colors but is frustrating at the same time because who spends the majority of their time in light like that? So... long story short, I love your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks Alethia! I just use whatever natural light I can find. That's sweet of you, though. I appreciate the props.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm so jealous of your backstage tour! If it didn't mean having to be a zoologist or something I would totally love to be in charge of, say, dermestid beetles eating away at corpses to prepare them for preservation. But I'd settle for collections of inanimate things...

    ReplyDelete
  7. A behind-the-scenes tour of a museum sounds awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Cat, you would have been right at home. At one point while we were in the depths of the basement our tour guide said, "Smell that? Yeah, that's the dermestid beetles." Uuuugh.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Unfortunately, or not, I think I'm just about at my saturation point with np unless someone comes out with something new and stunning. Of course I'm almost out of storage room (and I've developed a perfume thing since finding out it's possible to buy small samples of classic scents). So little money, so much to buy...

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sandi, I completely sympathize with you. Everything coming out is just so average and blah. I have better, more beloved shades in my Helmer.

    ReplyDelete

I love, love, love your comments, guys! Thanks so much for leaving them! I try to respond to questions either in the comments section or in forthcoming posts, so check back later!