Friday, March 18, 2011

Coral Fixation: American Apparel Poppy

As some of you know, I conducted a poll at the beginning of this week so you guys could tell me which coral polishes you want to see.  American Apparel Poppy won by a pretty big margin, so although I already showed it to you (last July), here it is again.




Now, I'm not sure that this polish entirely qualifies as coral.  Is it orange?  Red?  Coral?  I just don't know.  I guess it could pass for all three of them.  This is the type of color that I love, though.  Totally loud and bold, but close enough to "traditional" red that it's still pretty socially acceptable.  

The formula, as [almost] always with AA, was flawless.  Thick and almost perfect in one coat.  I did two here.  This polish would look really great on toes in the summertime, I think.  And I love the name.  Poppy.  The name combined with the color makes me feel...happy :)

That's all for today--short and sweet!  Any opinions on Poppy?  Love it?  Hate it?  Everyone seemed anxious to see it...and I admit that I think it looks damn fine on my pale, pale skin.  I hope you guys all have great Fridays!  

8 comments:

  1. I think poppy is ... a poppy red =P, I love those kinds of reds (or are they corals?)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it! I voted for this one, so I'm glad to see you did it first! I may have to stop by AA today . . .

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeoussss!!
    [:
    I wish there was an American Apparel here.. Maybe there is one near my dad's house. Hm.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooh, I'm fighting myself on this one. The CEO of AA is totally disgusting and I do not want to support his corporation, but at the same time...such pretty nail polish!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Do you have any suggestions for a soft, faded, pinky coral polish? Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love it! It's a great color for Spring!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Apriltini, a soft, faded, pinky coral polish...you might want to try Essie Cute As A Button, which you'll see on here next week sometime. Stay tuned!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for the heads up! I'm definitely looking forward to that. :)

    ReplyDelete

I love, love, love your comments, guys! Thanks so much for leaving them! I try to respond to questions either in the comments section or in forthcoming posts, so check back later!