Friday, March 11, 2011

Coral Fixation: Kinetics Nail Colors Coral Sea

First thing's first:  I added a little poll on the righthand sidebar of the blog.  There, under the About Me section, you'll find a list of some of the coral polishes I'm considering for this Coral Fixation series.  You can vote for which ones you want to see.  You can vote for more than one, if your heart desires.  I'll choose the next few corals based on your votes.  Sound good?  We'll see how it goes, or if anyone actually participates.  That having been said, please vote!  It'll only take a second!


Last summer my dear friend Nathalie, one of the nicest people I have the pleasure of knowing, sent me a lovely package full of fun nail polish that I can't get in the States.  One of them was Kinetics Coral Sea.  It took me forever to try it, but I'm so glad that I have because it's perfect.  Oh, and my cuticles are horribly dry.  Forgive me.  





This is a perfect coral that leans neither too pink nor too orange.  In the photographs it looks a little pinker than it does in real life.  It also has gold glitter particles in it, making it a little more interesting than your average coral creme.  The application was good.  I didn't do my nails in a well-lit room so I did three coats just to be sure that there were no bald patches.  The brush was slightly moppy, but workable. I don't know anything about Kinetics as a brand, but I know that I really like this polish.  I bet it would look nice on toes for flip-flop weather.

I'm so ready for spring.  So ready, in fact, that I was digging through my lipstick stash the other day and I think I found my new staple spring lipstick:  MAC Style Curve from the Stylishly Yours collection.  Here's what it looks like swatched in horrible light (ie Cleveland nuclear winter light):


Here is what it looks like on my lips in horrible light:



And here is what it looks like on my face:


Sorry about the INSANELY CORAL SHIRT.  It's what I wear to bed sometimes.  My love of coral even carries over into my sleepytimes.  Looooook at how awesome this lipstick looks.  FOR REAL this will be amazing for spring.  I can't wait to bust it out with some all-over flower print dresses or even all black ensembles.  Pretty excited.

Alright, so that's the second installment of my coral series.  This coral kicks the ass of OPI Guy Meets Gal-veston.  I'm glad to have finally tried it.  Thank you, Nathalie!  It has a happy home in my Helmer.  Also, anyone have an opinion on MAC Style Curve?  I think...I think I'm in love.

17 comments:

  1. Great nailpolish, it's almost the same colour as Chanel Miami peach :)

    With love, Samm
    @ www.afterstylecomesfashion.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. That polish is GORGEOUS. I want some...

    ReplyDelete
  3. where has this coral been all my life? I love the gold flecks and the juicy color! too bad it's not in the US... arg

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is gorgeousssss! I love the little glitter in it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think it might be a Dutch brand? I have no idea. Buuuuuut I loves it. They do have a website:

    http://www.kineticsnails.com/Products.aspx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Loving the polish and the lipstick, I don't own anything coral but every time I see one of your post I want to go ahead and try it

    ReplyDelete
  7. that polish frikken rocks. So does the lipstick!!! yay!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nina, you should PROBABLY go get yourself a coral something-or-other. You deseeeeeeerve it, I'm sure.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow...that polish is great nice Color!

    Thx for the review

    LG ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is an Estonian brand, Steph. Their bottle design is soooooooooo outdated (damn) but they have some nice colors. I'm so glad you love it! You know, this one was an untried I had in my drawer but the color so reminded me of you that I couldn't not send it to you. (I have some new colors for you by the way - I'm just waiting to grab more new H&M - they've had very cool new stuff lately!)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Man that coral is really unique and gorg! I need MOAR CORAL!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Estonian! I had no idea, Nathalie. We'll have to talk about arranging another swap. I was thinking of placing an RBL order but then decided against it because I'm incredibly poor. I should probably e-mail you to talk to you about this, shouldn't I?

    You do need more coral, Jen. You DO. Drink the Kool-Aid.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'm not positive that it's an absolute dupe, but that looks an awful lot like CND's Toxic Perfection. (Which is still available at GoIndulge for $1 no less.)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Sandi, I just googled Toxic Perfection and they do look pretty similar. You might be right.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Out of curiosity, is your necklace a Thor's hammer? I always see it and wonder.

    I went on a sinful colors trek once, in the snow, and then found that they didn't have the color I was after (glass pink). Luckily my best friend mailed it to me in a birthday package, completely unknowingly.

    ReplyDelete
  16. jigglypuffsong, yes. My necklace is a Thor's hammer. It's hand-made, I believe. It belongs to my boyfriend. I wear it because it reminds me of him.

    ReplyDelete

I love, love, love your comments, guys! Thanks so much for leaving them! I try to respond to questions either in the comments section or in forthcoming posts, so check back later!