Wednesday, March 02, 2011

NEW LE Maybelline Blue Brilliance

Yesterday morning I was out on a mission.  As I mentioned my stupid downstairs neighbors woke me up at 8 by blasting Fox News so I figured I'd just get up and run errands.  I had to buy a gift for my friend's wedding shower, which took me to two Targets because the thing I wanted to get her wasn't at the first one.  On my way I stopped at a Walgreens to see if they had the new Maybelline spring collection.  And what do you know, they did.  So I got a couple.  And here's the first one.






Blue Brilliance is odd.  Sheer, as you can see.  Its base color is a pale blue but it's packed with pinky-purple shimmer that shows green at some angles.  My nail line isn't as apparent in real life as it is in the pictures, so don't worry.  This was three coats.  This polish had the best formula I've ever encountered on a Maybelline, and it dried in about a minute.  The brush was wonky, as usual.  I had to cut a really long stray hair off of it.  But that's par for the course.  This polish TOTALLY reminds me of the early millennium.  Buffy Summers would rock the shit out of Blue Brilliance while kicking a vampire in the face.  Buffy fans, you know what I mean!  You know how in the first season she was always wearing pale shimmery pearls/metallics on her nails?  Hopefully someone gets the reference.

I do like this polish.  It's really pretty and soft for spring.  I wish I would have captured when it looks green, because it's cool.  My pictures just can't do this one justice.  Trust me.


Here's the display!  I got all of them except the two pinks.  This means I have a new coral/peach to show you!  Lovely.  Maybellines are 40% off at Walgreens this week, so if you want any of these now is a good time to get them.

So what do you guys think?  Will you be looking for these?  Anyone remember last year around this time when the Maybelline Sweet Thing collection was super popular?  Ah, memories.  

12 comments:

  1. I can totally see Buffy rocking this :) Great colour for spring!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree about Buffy!! I don't really know if I would like this color on me though.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! These are the first picks Ive seen of this color, that make me want them, Thanks :P

    ReplyDelete
  4. when i saw this i immediately thought Buffy too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the Buffy visual! I totally remember rockin' these frosty colors back in the day... Ahh the memories...

    ReplyDelete
  6. You're right: this is totally early millennium-esque! Reminds me of some of the Revlon StreetWear colors.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  8. So cool! You should try layering that mf before it gets too hot out!

    Love youuuuuu

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love this color! I'm thinking I might need to get it if I happen across it. Also, your mention of Buffy totally makes me want to watch it and check out her polish.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I really am disappointed with these polishes! Not a huge fan.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thank god you guys know Buffy. Swoon.

    Ashley, I'm kind of meh about this blue, so we'll see how I like the other polishes in the collection.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I saw them and didn't even really pay any attention...guess I'm going tomorrow to try the coral since I have none

    ReplyDelete

I love, love, love your comments, guys! Thanks so much for leaving them! I try to respond to questions either in the comments section or in forthcoming posts, so check back later!