Tuesday, March 08, 2011

OPI Bare It In Trafalgar Square

Yesterday my friend was visiting Cleveland from Columbus and we had lunch together.  She said, "I was thinking of getting a manicure..." and I said, "Shut up, we're going."  I hadn't had a manicure in forever and my cuticles are constantly unruly.  We went to a really cheapie salon in the mall and I set about choosing a color.  The girl at the counter was extremely impatient with me.  All she wanted me to do was pick a new lacquer from OPI Texas.  Sorry lady, not happening.  Especially when you have an abundance of old, chemical-laden, black-label OPIs.  I'm going to choose from the oldies.  And I ended up with this:






This is OPI Bare It In Trafalgar Square, and it's a lovely, somewhat warm-toned opaque nude.  I hate that the chick doing my nails left no gap between my cuticle and the polish.  She totally got polish all over my skin.  Oh well.  I absolutely adore this color.  This was only two coats, and it's perfect.  When the girl started painting them she showed me my pinky, the only nail with any polish on it and said, "Are you sure this is what you want?"  Yes, of course.  She was so shocked that I wasn't going with a bright pink jelly like the rest of her clientele.  I offered to buy this OPI from her and she declined, so if any of you have Bare It In Trafalgar Square and are willing to swap for it, let me know.  Because I want it for myself.  It looks so classy and lovely.

Keeping on the nude kick, I splurged at MAC the other day and got the Viva Glam Gaga 2 lipstick and Lipglass.  I don't have pictures for you because I haven't worn them yet, but I really like the lipstick.  I tried it on in the store and it's surprisingly wearable.  My boyfriend is completely amazing and always listens when I talk to him about silly things like lipstick.  I said, "Babe, I tried on the Lady Gaga lipstick at the MAC store."  He replied with, "Really?  Did it make you feel trashy and talentless?"  Then he laughed a hearty laugh and was very satisfied with himself.  I guess that answers any questions I had about his feelings toward The Gaga.  I love her, personally, and I was really glad she did another collaboration with MAC because I could not wear Viva Glam Gaga.  It made me look like a hooker.  A trashy and talentless hooker.  

I'll leave you with my favorite Gaga spoof video from The Key of Awesome.  Are you having a meh Tuesday?  Watch this and you'll feel better.  Promise.  It gets a bit cut off when it's embedded on the blog, but you'll still get the idea.


So that's all!  Any opinions on Bare It In Trafalgar Square?  I'll be back with another coral for you sometime soon, don't worry!

14 comments:

  1. I like it! I wore RBL's Plie the other week and sometimes it's nice to have a soft nude on your nails rather than a bold or bright colour :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I hate when you pay for a manicure and you end up with polish all over your cuticles, specially when YOU can do it better ! lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amen. I guess she was just distracted. The important thing is that my cuticles are gone.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was wondering if I was the only one that this happened to. The last time I was there I was so happy with the color {OPI- Have you seen my Limo?} but the girl painted my fingers along with the nails, I had to tell her to clean it up a bit.
    That color looks awesome

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love that color on you! And love that you are doing nudes while everyone else is drooling over the bright stuff. I'm feeling very nudey lately myself.
    Hope she didn't charge you too much to paint your skin like that. You do so much better!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Stephanie:

    I do happen to have a full bottle of Bare It In Trafalgar Square that I would be happy to send you. :-) Ever since "the menopause" I haven't been able to stand the smell of those old OPIs - it literally makes me sick! PM me @ dokucug@gmail.com.

    Gail

    ReplyDelete
  7. that color does look good on you. Its tasteful

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gail, I'll be e-mailing you shortly. Thank you for the offer!

    ReplyDelete
  9. It kinda pisses me off that you paid money for her to paint your hands like that!!! wtf. But the color does rock.

    And so did that parody. It gave me the lulz.

    ReplyDelete
  10. YAy for nudes! I had a lol moment on the chemical laden opi comment--- although like Gail I can't stand the smell of chemical-y polish. I bought a clearance Essie the other day and had to return it cause it smelled so bad!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Don't get me wrong, I don't love the smell of chemically polish, but it doesn't bother me enough to not use it. I guess because I was in a salon yesterday where people were getting acrylics done I didn't even notice the smell of my polish ;)

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is my favourite nude colour!! <3
    You can find it on http://www.transdesign.com/ as well for $5.75 if you want a backup bottle ;) lol

    ReplyDelete
  13. Just found this at a dusty and bought it cause of your swatch. Is be willing to go back to get another to swap with you!! Let me know :)

    ReplyDelete

I love, love, love your comments, guys! Thanks so much for leaving them! I try to respond to questions either in the comments section or in forthcoming posts, so check back later!